Problem with reaching the internet through gateway

patman9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:29    Post subject: Problem with reaching the internet through gateway Reply with quote
Okay so I have 3 different routers running 3 different versions of dd-wrt I believe. The Netgear one is set up as my gateway, the WAN is set to DHCP through my schools ethernet port. The LAN is 192.168.1.1, with DHCP on. If I connect a computer to it everything connects and works fine. I have this router set up to my other two, one linksys one rosewill. They will be on the same subnet of 192.168.2.0/24. On the netgear I have static routes to 192.168.2.0/24 with gateways of 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3. I have everything connected and if I plug in a computer to either the rosewill or the linksys I can access 192.168.1.1 but nothing beyond that. Any ideas what's wrong?
Sponsor
patman9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:31    Post subject: Stuff I forgot to add: Reply with quote
The rosewill and the linksys both have static routes as well. And the exception in their firewalls: iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
patman9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
First off thanks for the detailed reply! This is for a project me and my group are doing so security isn't an issue, it's all going to be disassembled in a week or less. The second and third routers ARE set as routers not gateways. Their WAN ports are connected to the primary routers LAN ports. The reason I set have them set to "router" is so that I can do the static routes from the primary. One route with gateway of 192.168.1.2 and one with a gateway of 192.168.1.3. Shouldn't the primary then load balance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: