DD-WRT, Multiple External Static IPs, VPN, and Exchange

jdheltne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:10    Post subject: DD-WRT, Multiple External Static IPs, VPN, and Exchange Reply with quote
I am trying to configure my setup so I can do the following:

- I have 5 static IPs that I need to use for different functions (really 3), all via NAT
- 1 IP (ip1) is used as the gateway for normal users as well as where our Microsoft Exchange environment uses for inbound/outbound email and Outlook Anywhere
- 1 IP (ip2) is used for RDP and FTP access inbound
- 1 IP (ip3) I want to use for inbound PPTP VPN

Currently I ip1 and ip2 work fine as I am not using the same port on their NATs so there is no conflict. However, ip3, the PPTP VPN conflicts with Exchange, specifically Outlook Anywhere.

I have a Linksys e3000 with the normal Linksys firmware as my current firewall/router, and I have converted another Linksys e3000 to DD-WRT and have it currently running firmware v24-sp2 (01,02/10) mini.

My question are this:

-if I convert my current main Linksys e3000 to DD-WRT and then configure it for multiple external IPs, will I be able to NAT the same port numbers to different devices on the different IPs?

-As far as the currently running DD-WRT e3000, I *think* I should connect the WAN port on it to a LAN port on the main e3000 and do the configuration for routing as I found on this page (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/System_Utilities/Remote_Access/VPN/A_2578-How-to-Configure-a-FREE-Hardward-PPTP-VPN-Using-a-DD-WRT-Compatible-Router.html)

I have several internal servers that we want to be able to access via VPN. All of those servers are connected to a mail 16 port switch, and not directly to either e3000.

Help is GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki: one to nat
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: