Newbie question - OpenVPN on a D-Link DIR615 Ralink SoC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
lchiu7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18    Post subject: Newbie question - OpenVPN on a D-Link DIR615 Ralink SoC Reply with quote
I purchased a D-Link DIR-615 which was flashed with DD-WRT DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std - build 15778.

It works fine and I was able to setup OpenVPN from Overplay using their scripts.

But I am now looking at another VPN provide (astrill.com) and when I try to install the OpenVPN using their supplied code, it says openvpn is not installed.

I trolled through this BBS trying to find some documentation on how to install OpenVPN on this router but it's quite puzzling and I am now seeking some help.

I only need the router to act as OpenVPN client (I guess) be able to connect to an OpenVPN server. Some of the code I have seen requires that I provide a RSA Private Key. I am not sure I need that but I guess I could generate one using Putty.

Some tips on how to install OpenVPN would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at this post

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71556

but it's not obvious to me if this has the right binaries for OpenVPN for a Ralink SOC which mine is.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: