Bad Flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
B3NJY
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 19:53    Post subject: Bad Flash Reply with quote
Hi all, bought a 615 d4 at car boot sale for £1 and wanted to use it as extender or bridge...flashed 4xxx firmware update and all well but when I downloaded the 2 files needed to flash ddwrt I flashed the wrong one first, I think I needed dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash first then dir615d-ddwrt-webflash second, now I have a wifi signal named dd-wrt but no internet connection from it and no ethernet connection unless I put it in recovery mode ...however I cannot log into it to restore and recovery hard reset 30/30/30 not working I need to revert so I can flash files in correct order can anyone help please ...
Sponsor
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
From the description you don't need to flash anything, dd-wrt is working (the wifi named dd-wrt), you just need to configure it, and for that you need to access the dd-wrt webinterface, but you're probably using the wrong ip.

The default router IP in dd-wrt is 192.168.1.1

Note: it is a misconception that when flashing dd-wrt for the first time you need to use the "factory to dd-wrt" and then the 'pure' dd-wrt firmware.
When flashing for the irst time you just need to flash the 'factory to ddwrt' the other firmware is for when you are upgrading a router that ALREADY has dd-wrt to a different version.
B3NJY
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:27    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote
You are bang on mate....I came to my dads house and plugged in and assumed you can only log in through ethernet but it logged in the wifi connection even though there is no internet access...still no ethernet connections showing up but I am in and not changing a thing till I get back to girlfriends to set up for her..thank you for helping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: