Firewall configuration -
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j logaccept
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -o $wanif -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
Once my configuration was complete, I tested the following
Wifi Client connected to the Guest BSSID without any problems
1. WiFi Client was able to get a DHCP IP on 192.168.253.0
2. Wifi client was able to ping 192.168.253.1
3. Wifi client was able to ping 192.168.254.253
4. Wifi Client was unable to ping anything else on 192.168.254.0 network.
At this stage I added a static route on the Qwest DSL modem to send all 192.168.253.0 traffic to 192.168.254.253
5. WiFi client could now ping 192.168.254.254
7. WiFi client could resolve DNS names (The WAP points to 192.168.254.254 as the DNS Server)
8 WiFi client cannot get to the internet. I tried web browsing , I tried telnetting to port 25 on a known internet IP address and other socket connection tests
A traceroute revealed that the 1st hop was 192.168.253.1, the 2nd hop was 192.168.254.254 and then it times out
I am not sure what I have missed out and would appreciate any help I can get.
You need to follow the Multiple WLAN guide using the WAP specific instructions. _________________ Read the forum announcements thoroughly! Be cautious if you're inexperienced.
Available for paid consulting. (Don't PM about complicated setups otherwise)
Looking for bricks and spare routers to expand my collection. (not interested in G spec models)