ethtool or something else

cordlesssnake
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 16:43    Post subject: ethtool or something else Reply with quote
hi

i have the linksys wrt54gl router an now it is nessesury to get a tool on it to manage the speed an the duplex of the connection coming from the first router which is placed between the DSL modem an dthe linksys. The speed hast du be 10 and the duplex must be full.

But how to get managed that??

thank you
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should be able to set this on the vlan page

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi

i found the option and made wan prot autoneg off and 100 Mbit off

but no reaction the problem is still there ...

have i also to change the other ports or whats the problem ?

the pc which connect the router over wlan also have the problem it so must be the w option how is wrong or ?
Mr. Psycho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I want to know hot can I understand the speed of WAN port that is connected on.

The problem is that when I connect the ISP's cable in my laptop's LAN port I download from the local network with 6 Mbytes/s. When I connect the ISP's cable into router's WAN port and connect the laptop via ethernet or wireless the speed goes down to 800kbytes, so I suppose that the router connects at 10Mbits Half Duplex and I want to set it to 100Mbits Full Duplex.
Is it possible?

I use Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

Thanks in advanced
KillerKarny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:01    Post subject: Ethtool install Reply with quote
Hey guys... I am using the full version of dd-wrt.v24-15962_NEWD-2_K2.6_voip on a Linksys 610n

I Know that I have to get ethtool in there so I can change the wan port to 10mbit full duplex. I cannot how ever find a clear instruction on how to load it without bricking the router.

Can anyone point out an instruction link? I have been reading for a day and still nothing clear. Most show the "Mini" version and issues with the available flash. There is a ton of space on the 610n so I just want to know safest way to get it in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: