Status Lights for Linksys WRT400n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
JacobWestern
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25    Post subject: Status Lights for Linksys WRT400n Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Just recently installed dd-wrt on a WRT400n that had ben recycled at my work. I'm using it strictly as a VPN server. Took me a little while to configure all the correct properties, but finally got it working.

Anyway, I'm wondering how hard it would be to write a script, or if anyone would be willing to, that would show VPN status via lights on the device.

I've seen a few scripts but they all light up one light. I'm thinking something like how the PS3 remote lights up.

Say if there is one active user, the first ethernet light comes on, if there are two the second light comes on. If there are three, The first and second light come on, Third light for four active users. First and third for five, etc...

That and then the center light (the horizontal one above the button) show status/activity of the vpn connection.

THis is probably more of a software mod if anything, but I couldn't find a Software mods topic.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: