"Segmentation fault" Occurs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
everich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:49    Post subject: "Segmentation fault" Occurs. Reply with quote
I posted "http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=120907" a few days ago.

I tried new F/W again but it happened AGAIN!

I tried command line instruction like below,

root@DD-WRT:/tmp/ddns# nslookup dyna.dnsever.com
Segmentation fault
root@DD-WRT:/tmp/ddns# inadyn -u ***** -p ****** --verbose 5 --dyndns_system c
ustom@http_svr_basic_auth -a [home.namuk.com] --dyndns_server_name dyna.dnsever.
com --dyndns_server_url /update.php
Fri Apr 15 13:45:00 2011: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - d
ynamic DNS updater.
Fri Apr 15 13:45:00 2011: W: DYNDNS: My IP address: 110.12.76.49
Fri Apr 15 13:45:00 2011: I:INADYN: IP address for alias '[home.namuk.com]' need
s update to '110.12.76.49'
Segmentation fault
root@DD-WRT:/tmp/ddns#

As you can see, "Segmentation fault" occurs again and again.

Who knows the solution?
Sponsor
znstyle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 23:43    Post subject: Re: "Segmentation fault" Occurs. Reply with quote
everich wrote:

Segmentation fault
ustom@http_svr_basic_auth -a [home.namuk.com] --dyndns_server_name dyna.dnsever.
Fri Apr 15 13:45:00 2011: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - d
ynamic DNS updater.
Fri Apr 15 13:45:00 2011: I:INADYN: IP address for alias '[home.namuk.com]' need
Segmentation fault

Who knows the solution?

When I use either '/lib/libc.so.0' or '/usr/sbin/inadyn' of r16454 and later, the "Segmantation fault" error occurs with inadyn.
The "Segmentation fault" error occurs when inadyn has to update the IP. If no update is required, inadyn just print the results well, but when update is excuted, the error occurs.

So I extract both '/lib/libc.so.0' and '/usr/sbin/inadyn' from lastest working version 'r16214', and it works fine.

Note that if you want to use the library which you extracted, you have to change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with that path of extracted one. (so the simple script that changes the LD_LIBRARY path with the extracted one and then runs inadyn, is needed)

start_ddns
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/sbin/inadyn/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if [ ! -e '/tmp/ddns' ] ; then
        mkdir /tmp/ddns
fi
killall -q inadyn
/jffs/sbin/inadyn/inadyn --input_file /jffs/sbin/inadyn/inadyn.conf

stop_ddns
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall -q inadyn

I stored the libc.so.0 of r16214 to /jffs/sbin/inadyn/lib and
inadyn of r16214 to /jffs/sbin/inadyn.

"Segmentation fault" seems both the Inadyn itself(compile option problem?) and library's problem,
but anyway, if you extract the last working version from r16214, it works ^^

But I just focus on 'inadyn' problem, so
when I apply the '/lib/libc.so.0' of r16214 to the nslookup, another error occurs
nslookup: can't resolve symbol '__res_state' in lib 'nslookup'.

It seems the Library Problem which causes the "Segmentation fault" with several binaries on r16454+,
So I want DD-WRT Developers to find out the reason and fix it.

Thanks.
everich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:26    Post subject: Re: "Segmentation fault" Occurs. Reply with quote
znstyle wrote:
everich wrote:

Segmentation fault
ynamic DNS updater.
Segmentation fault

Who knows the solution?

When I use either '/lib/libc.so.0' or '/usr/sbin/inadyn' of r16454 and later, the "Segmantation fault" error occurs with inadyn.
The "Segmentation fault" error occurs when inadyn has to update the IP. If no update is required, inadyn just print the results well, but when update is excuted, the error occurs.

So I extract both '/lib/libc.so.0' and '/usr/sbin/inadyn' from lastest working version 'r16214', and it works fine.

Note that if you want to use the library which you extracted, you have to change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with that path of extracted one. (so the simple script that changes the LD_LIBRARY path with the extracted one and then runs inadyn, is needed)

start_ddns
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/sbin/inadyn/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if [ ! -e '/tmp/ddns' ] ; then
        mkdir /tmp/ddns
fi
killall -q inadyn
/jffs/sbin/inadyn/inadyn --input_file /jffs/sbin/inadyn/inadyn.conf

stop_ddns
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall -q inadyn

I stored the libc.so.0 of r16214 to /jffs/sbin/inadyn/lib and
inadyn of r16214 to /jffs/sbin/inadyn.

"Segmentation fault" seems both the Inadyn itself(compile option problem?) and library's problem,
but anyway, if you extract the last working version from r16214, it works ^^

But I just focus on 'inadyn' problem, so
when I apply the '/lib/libc.so.0' of r16214 to the nslookup, another error occurs
nslookup: can't resolve symbol '__res_state' in lib 'nslookup'.

It seems the Library Problem which causes the "Segmentation fault" with several binaries on r16454+,
So I want DD-WRT Developers to find out the reason and fix it.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

As you told, I think there's a problem w/ new F/W.

I posted this problem @ bugtracker. I hope it'd be fixed soon.

I can see you live in Seoul, Korea. I'm Korean, too.

I doubt there're some hardware difference between sold in Korea and internationally.

Anyway, I should wait. Thank you so much.
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
i can confirm this bug. well, first update went right, then i got the seg-fault.
TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
Offal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
DDNS still seg faulting on BS's DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) mega - build 17201.

or is the problem nslookup?

# nslookup updates.dnsomatic.com
Segmentation fault
W.I.C
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Offal wrote:
DDNS still seg faulting on BS's DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) mega - build 17201.

or is the problem nslookup?

# nslookup updates.dnsomatic.com
Segmentation fault

Same problem but on a dlink DIR-601. nslookup and ddns both fail due to seg faults.

I believe this happens on every version after 16173, which is the first version that was released for this particular router.
rbeede
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same issue on my Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H

Firmware version DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (05/25/11) std - build 17135

I'm going to look for a newer build.
nkoriyama
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you want to do ddns automatically, see my post.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=616861&highlight=#616861
rbeede
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks nkoriyama. I used the following which doesn't require a temporary file for the old IP:

Now if only wget on dd-wrt supported HTTPS for better security. I might try compiling inadyn with the opendns version which does support https.

Code:

#!/bin/sh

DYNDNS_ALIAS=rodney.dyndns.org

OLD_IP=`nslookup ${DYNDNS_ALIAS} | grep Address | head -n 1 | sed 's/Address 1: \([0-9\.]*\).*/\1/'`
NOW_IP=`/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | /bin/grep inet | /bin/sed 's/.*addr:\([^ ]*\).*/\1/'`

if [ "${OLD_IP}" != "${NOW_IP}" ]; then
   echo "Old IP ${OLD_IP} does not match new IP of ${NOW_IP}"
  /usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null http://rodney:3z1PvQZmBDI7pZ8IKpNIQpRXwHk8tF@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?hostname=${DYNDNS_ALIAS}
fi

TalynOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
rbeede wrote:
Thanks nkoriyama. I used the following which doesn't require a temporary file for the old IP:

Now if only wget on dd-wrt supported HTTPS for better security. I might try compiling inadyn with the opendns version which does support https.

Code:

#!/bin/sh

DYNDNS_ALIAS=rodney.dyndns.org

OLD_IP=`nslookup ${DYNDNS_ALIAS} | grep Address | head -n 1 | sed 's/Address 1: \([0-9\.]*\).*/\1/'`
NOW_IP=`/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | /bin/grep inet | /bin/sed 's/.*addr:\([^ ]*\).*/\1/'`

if [ "${OLD_IP}" != "${NOW_IP}" ]; then
   echo "Old IP ${OLD_IP} does not match new IP of ${NOW_IP}"
  /usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null http://rodney:3z1PvQZmBDI7pZ8IKpNIQpRXwHk8tF@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?hostname=${DYNDNS_ALIAS}
fi

I have to use nkoriyama's version on my Asus RT-N16 running DD-WRT build 17201, your version relies on nslookup which has a "Segmentation fault" on run.
TalynOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since DynDNS went commercial and is no longer free I had to switch to no-ip, which offers up to 3 free host name records. To get the script to work with no-ip, just changed the wget statement to this (replace username, password and mydnsalias.myhost.com to values that are valid for your no-ip account):

Code:

/usr/bin/wget -q --user-agent="DD-WRT DDNS Update Script/1.0 me@myemailhost.com" -O /dev/null http://username:password@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=mydnsalias.myhost.com&myip=${NOW_IP}
derchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
TalynOne wrote:
Since DynDNS went commercial and is no longer free I had to switch to no-ip, which offers up to 3 free host name records. To get the script to work with no-ip, just changed the wget statement to this (replace username, password and mydnsalias.myhost.com to values that are valid for your no-ip account):

Code:

/usr/bin/wget -q --user-agent="DD-WRT DDNS Update Script/1.0 me@myemailhost.com" -O /dev/null http://username:password@dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=mydnsalias.myhost.com&myip=${NOW_IP}

DynDNS, or DYN.com how it is called today, still offers a free single dynamic hostname service.
The only "problem" is that you first have to trial their pro product for 14, which means registering with your credit card. Once you cancel after the 14 days, you can keep one hostname for free, and loose all the pro features.
Also for anyone who already had an account with DynDNS before, nothing has changed since then.
They still keep their alias, there was only a change in the available free domains to choose from.
TalynOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
derchris wrote:
TalynOne wrote:

Code:

DynDNS, or DYN.com how it is called today, still offers a free single dynamic hostname service.
The only "problem" is that you first have to trial their pro product for 14, which means registering with your credit card. Once you cancel after the 14 days, you can keep one hostname for free, and loose all the pro features.
Also for anyone who already had an account with DynDNS before, nothing has changed since then.
They still keep their alias, there was only a change in the available free domains to choose from.

They used to offer 5 free host names. I was at 5 and later decided to delete one and replace it with another didn't work, so I deleted another. Apparently they changed their policy that they only allowed one free host name but gave no warning when I deleted an existing one as an old grandfathered user and I lost two that way. Then I somehow lost my last remaining one with no email warning why and I couldn't re-create it without giving my credit card info. That's not my definition of free or even a good service, no thanks. No-ip provides up to three free host names under one account and doesn't require you to give them a cc number. I'm recommending all the people I know that use dyndns to switch. That's not how you treat legacy users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: