Problem solved itself: PPPoE setup with China Unicom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
frimester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 15:23    Post subject: Problem solved itself: PPPoE setup with China Unicom Reply with quote
Hi, I am a newbie to dd-wrt so please bear with me if it is obvious Very Happy
My router worked fine with original firmware - was setup by a technician from China Unicom (the router was speaking Chinese - so no idea how it was set).
Today I flashed 24-sp2 build 14896 into the router - no problem.
I tried to set up the PPPoE - problems. I called China Unicom who send a technician - Still can not connect to internet.
When I put the WAN cable into a switch port and connect with my PC (username and PW) - it works.
Why can I not get the router to authenticate?
and later I want to install VPN client to bypass "great chinese firewall"

When I check status - is seems connected with WAN IP and everything.

The router is D-link DIR 600 Rev B2 - but I doubt it is HW related.

Any help will be appriciated

Br
Claus

Last edited by frimester on Mon Mar 19, 2012 16:44; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
riley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 16:46    Post subject: Just did this like 2 hours ago Reply with quote
Hey I was having the same issue, no connection etc. Fiddled with the settings and was able to get it work

Enable PPP
Enable STP
MTU-1492
and you should be able to go
frimester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Unfortunately did not help me Reply with quote
riley wrote:
Hey I was having the same issue, no connection etc. Fiddled with the settings and was able to get it work

Enable PPP
Enable STP
MTU-1492
and you should be able to go

Hi,
Thanks for your proposal, unfortunately it did not do much good for me, more info?
Anyone else?

Br
Claus
zowens
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue using a Linksys E4200 with v24-16785 firmware... Did you end up getting this resolved?
frimester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
After lengthy trails I have a success story to report. I read the forum and found a new SW for my router: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=152219&start=45
HOWEVER I do not THINK this changed the problem, but I reset to factory defaults and tapped in the settings again - that changed the behaviour.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: