Having a really strange problem...

rollingstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 23:01    Post subject: Having a really strange problem... Reply with quote
Hi. New to the forums. I've tried to google this answer and haven't come by anything that's similar to my problem, so I thought maybe someone here would know.

What's happening is, I'm logging into my router to set up a port forward, but it isn't letting me do that. It just adds 2 blank lines. I will show you via screen caps to show you exactly what's happening.

First getting to Port Forward screen:

Adding my port forward:

What happens after I click Add:

Any ideas how I can fix this? I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/28/10) std-nokaid-nohot-nostore firmware on a Netgear WNDR3300 router. I've done port forwards on other routers in the past, no problems, but I can't seem to figure what's going on here.
Sponsor
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you click add it adds a new blank entry line. Any values entered (that have not been saved yet) will not be saved unless you click save prior to clicking the add button.

Best practice is to decide how many port forwardings you need 1st, then click the add button that many times, then fill in the blank entries, then click save. Then apply the settings so that they survive a reboot.

Got OpenDNS?
rollingstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luniz2k1 wrote:
When you click add it adds a new blank entry line. Any values entered (that have not been saved yet) will not be saved unless you click save prior to clicking the add button.

Best practice is to decide how many port forwardings you need 1st, then click the add button that many times, then fill in the blank entries, then click save. Then apply the settings so that they survive a reboot.

I feel stupid for not realizing that. Thank you.

I did, however, run into another problem whilst adding my port forward. I've tried a couple different sites to test that the port is open, and it is showing that it's closed on every site that I've tried. Do you have any advice? TIA
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some screenshots would help...

Got OpenDNS?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: