an't backup CFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KenF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 19:48    Post subject: an't backup CFE Reply with quote
http://router_ip/backup/cfe.bin just comes up with IE "cannot display page".

Tried searching the forum but just keep coming back to the same part of the Wiki.
Sponsor
KenF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 19:51    Post subject: Well, thank was silly!! Reply with quote
Then i go back to continue reading......

"This is SUPER easy and REALLY important. This only works once you have dd-wrt installed, but it should be one of the first things you do after flashing. If your router is at the default IP of 192.168.1.1, all you have to do to backup is click on this link:
http://192.168.1.1/backup/cfe.bin"

Could have saved me an hour of messin' about if that paragraph had been in order!!!

Shocked
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Re: Well, thank was silly!! Reply with quote
KenF wrote:
Then i go back to continue reading......

"This is SUPER easy and REALLY important. This only works once you have dd-wrt installed, but it should be one of the first things you do after flashing. If your router is at the default IP of 192.168.1.1, all you have to do to backup is click on this link:
http://192.168.1.1/backup/cfe.bin"

Could have saved me an hour of messin' about if that paragraph had been in order!!!

Shocked

Well.. the wiki does state:

by web interface (preferred method)

this is working with dd-wrt post RC5 svn8428 backing up your cfe is easy, all you need to do is to point your browser to:

http://router_ip/backup/cfe.bin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 21:24    Post subject: Re: Well, thank was silly!! Reply with quote
KenF wrote:

Shocked

Guess I was foolish to expect people to actually finish reading the instructions prior to rushing off and trying things they don't understand.

There is a reason why some of those sections are marked "REQUIRED READING". The whole thing. Not just part.

Rolling Eyes

The world is turning to shit. Shit, I say.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 22:55    Post subject: Re: Well, thank was silly!! Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

The world is turning to shit. Shit, I say.

I forgot.. Captain Kurk said that? Scottie maybe? I know it wuz not Spock!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 22:56    Post subject: Well...... OKAY! Reply with quote
Yeah, but you know it doesn't work that way in real life! I've read it several times and I am on my 2nd router. It said "DO IT", and I know how pissed off you get when I don't do as I'm told! Very Happy

Anyway, I have worked on so may op/sys's over the years a .bin is an executable to me - I guess not under Windows though, huh?

I haven't worked with Unix for over 15 years so now is not the time to try an install with Linux! Did I install a shell or something that should be activated?

I have a problem because I downloaded VLC Media player and it claimed .bin as one of it's file types - that's kinda hard to reverse! So I may have to drop to DOS or execute under some other shell?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: