total noob to this- need help wrt54g's- AP's bridges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
fbpd227
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 14:46    Post subject: total noob to this- need help wrt54g's- AP's bridges? Reply with quote
Hello. I have (3) wrt54g 's, all three loaded with dd-wrt. 2 are v6 one is v8. I'm waiting on two of them- actually have one in possession right now... anyhow, i flashed the one i have and got everything installed correctly (amazing to me!) And followed some internet inst. On how to make it a repeater (or ap... not sure what) but did manage to make it work wirelessly to plug my dishnet and bluray into downstairs and allow internet connection ( presently my gateway modem is an old verizon wireless router at my desk top, upstairs. When i get the two new wrt54g 's i want to eliminate the verizon router and use all 3 wrt54g's. Which ( or does it matter? ) should be the main gateway the v8 one? And what will i need to do for type of settings for the other 2 to have them plug into my hd dishnet receivers so they have internet connection AND can use the wireless signal to get stronger signal in those far away rooms for lap tops? I have no cat 5 wires in house. I would like to use both wireless and wired connections on each wireless AP. I don't know if I will be bridging, repeating, client mode, or anything else........ like I said... SUPER NOOB here! Any and all help will be VERY, VERY APPRECIATED! Just wanting to learn this from people who actually know, not the guessing neighbor, so i don't brick these routers. Also, i have no idea if the wireless verizon router can even be used in my setup, that's why i was going to eliminate it and use the 3 same (better from what I've read) linksys wrt54g's with the dd-wrt flash program. HUGE THANK YOU!!!![/i]
Code:
Sponsor
fbpd227
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
.......or do I need to set the wireless ap's in different rooms to be wireless ethernet radios, i guess like video game adaptors? Wow I'm lost! Lol

Found this article and made me wonder......i dont know if lap tops would still connect to the #2 & #3 remote routers in this mode?
http://www.dvrplayground.com/article/12254/Converting-a-Linksys-WRT54G-GS-Into-An-Ethernet-Bridge/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: