Recommended firmware (and instructions) for WRT160NL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 22:51    Post subject: Re: Recommended firmware (and instructions) for WRT160NL Reply with quote
Corosion wrote:
Detection wrote:

I'm running second from latest FW on the WRT160NL and it seems rock solid

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-06-12-r19327/linksys_wrt160nl/

I was running the latest but the wifi was temperamental, went back to 19327 and all is well again

18777 was a great firmware too

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would you recommend the WRT160NL? Did you have any particular issues with this model? Are you using the USB port?

Cheers.

I got mine free so had not done any research before getting it, its an old SamKnows monitoring router that I unlocked

Its a decent router, only 10/100 LAN ports though

WiFi seems decent enough, I can still connect 3 houses down the street with my phone on wireless N

I'm using the USB port for a USB to IDE adapter powering a 2.5" Laptop HDD 80GB

I use that with Samba enabled to stream video to my machines, and stream to my Roku box using Plex Media Server running on the PC which all works great

Transfer speeds to and from the HDD are around 10MB/s since the latest firmware using EXT4 filesystem on the drive

I guess the only cons for me are the LAN ports only being 10/100 and not Gigabit and the USB being slow

For a normal / medium sized and use home network its a good little router, but if you were wanting to stream / transfer to multiple devices / machines at once I think it would start to struggle with the USB and LAN ports

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: