Change a LAN port into a WAN port - D-LINK DIR 600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
tristanbr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:44    Post subject: Change a LAN port into a WAN port - D-LINK DIR 600 Reply with quote
Due a eletrical discharge my WAN stopped working.
I'v searched a lot here and on the internet and discovered that I can make a LAN into a WAN port using DD-WRT. The wiki and other informations and photos make me understand a little bit about it
and the work that the router's do.

Upgraded to ddwrt and start my journey

I'v changed the PORT4 to Vlan1 and turned the WAN off.

nvram set vlan1ports="4 5"
nvram set vlan0ports="1 2 3 5 5*"

Removed the 0 from vlan1 and moved the 4 to vlan1

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1981/vlanports.jpg

(The command only worked on the telnet.)

But the LAN4 wasn't act like a WAN port, I think there's a lot more config to do to make it Work.

some information:

My modem is already bridged, PPPoE configured like on the Original FW, tried with DHCP on modem and router disabled, on and manual IP config, disabled firewall from both devices, When try to connect this show's me:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3751/wannotconect.jpg

And when I use my PPPoE conection on Windows, the router act like a bridge making my pc conection to the modem giving a Real IP to my PC.

Any help to make my system work will be appreciated.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6624/meusistema.jpg

And sorry for my bad english.
Sponsor
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:25    Post subject: Re: Change a LAN port into a WAN port - D-LINK DIR 600 Reply with quote
This router does not support the feature you want ,if i remember corectly ,so simply replace it.
tristanbr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 20:44    Post subject: Re: Change a LAN port into a WAN port - D-LINK DIR 600 Reply with quote
SecurityFreak wrote:
This router does not support the feature you want ,if i remember corectly ,so simply replace it.

Tks for reply, but if you aren't certain of that there's a chance, if someone knows about it , please let me know.

I'v read the 2 Wan's topic and don't understand to much but I think It can work, but I need some help. Tks in advance.
tristanbr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 18:45    Post subject: Re: Change a LAN port into a WAN port - D-LINK DIR 600 Reply with quote
SecurityFreak wrote:

I Have Found a Way to don't discart my router, Changed my ADSL MODEM to routing mode ( auto connect/PPPoE ) , changed my router to AP ( access point ) then it worked...
matroot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's possible I converted a LAN port to WAN port with openwrt.

I'm using openwrt on DIR-600 rev. B2 with port WAN dead and openwrt is more stable then DD-WRT on this router.

The build rc1 of attitude adjustment is working perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: