Support Request: Belkin F7D2401

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
itspb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:45    Post subject: Support Request: Belkin F7D2401 Reply with quote
Hello! I've had this router for a year now and it is a complete pain in the ***. The signal strength is super bad and devices keep failing to connect to this router. So i was hoping that you guys can help me out here.

I looked everywhere on DD WRT (Wiki, forum) for support for this model but failed. However it is not listed in the blacklisted devices and after doing some research on DD WRT, i guess that the support for this device is possible.

FCC ID: K7SF7D2401v1
Flash Size: At least 2mb because i recently flashed a new firmware from Belkin which was 1.13mb
FCC Links: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=436519&fcc_id='K7SF7D2401V1'
Pics: https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1243860

From the pics, the CPU looks like Ralink. That is why i'm posting this request here. However, im not sure whether it uses some other CPU.

Kindly let me know if you want any other information. Im willing to do some testing if required.

MODS: Kindly move this topic if i didn't post it in the correct sub-forum.

Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by itspb on Mon Mar 19, 2012 13:11; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
itspb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news, i called up the Belkin support hotline. They told me that it is compatible by dd-wrt. However he did not know which cpu and stuff is used.

So can someone look into this topic and tell me how to proceed???
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
itspb wrote:
Good news, i called up the Belkin support hotline. They told me that it is compatible by dd-wrt. However he did not know which cpu and stuff is used.

He is a liar, it is not dd-wrt hardware compatible and of course he doesn't know the hardware specs.
Belkin is nothing but a trading company selling anything electronic and their support hotline calls goes to a call center in India.

Modem+Router combinations are not supported by dd-wrt except for 2 or 3 high end products but the F7D2401 is not such a product.
A firmware size of 1MB++ indicates that the flash is only 2MB and that is not enough for a dd-wrt router build on the Ralink platform.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
its possible.
first throw this belkin on the trash.
Buy one new dd-wrt compatible router.

Installing dd-wrt might not solve your signal issues. Your router is bad from beginning.

For a starter, i recommend an asus rt-n13u rev B1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: