FTP hangs after successful big file upload and PPTP client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tvg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 13:56    Post subject: FTP hangs after successful big file upload and PPTP client Reply with quote
I use PPTP-client and connect using it to the Internet. FTP hangs after successful big file upload, using any FTP client.

This is only using DD-WRT, there was no such situation with OpenWRT. I assume the problem is in MTU setting of PPTP-connection.

There was such situation in OpenWRT when the MTU was too high. But now I try to set low MTU (as low as 1300) and the situation perstists...
Sponsor
Peter P
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have exactly the same problem, I've tested in normal and passive modes with no success.
The file is transferred totally but if you have a bunch of files, the ftp client stucks in the first file and it's neccessary to abort connection to continue.
The only thing I changed from configuration was Ip Filters:

Maximum Ports: 4096
TCP Timeout (in seconds): 160
UDP Timeout (in seconds): 160

Help appreciated.
Thank you
tvg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
no help, just throw dd-wrt and supported routers out in a window
lansharked
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51    Post subject: Can't believe it took this long to find a solution Reply with quote
I was having an identical issue, and thought it was a dhcp lease timeout issue, which it turned out it was not. Apparently, my very recent DD-WRT build (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std-usb-nas - build 16785, for a Linksys E3000) defaulted the TCP and UDP Timeouts to a crazy value:
"300 600 120 60 120 120 10 60 30 120"

I was able to fix the issue by changing the TCP and UDP timeouts to something a bit higher than the longest time it would normally take me to upload a very large file to my website hosting, which was about 10 minutes or so.

The following settings fixed my issue:

1. > Administration > Management tab > IP Filter Settings (adjust these for P2P) > TCP Timeout (in seconds) > 600

2. > Administration > Management tab > IP Filter Settings (adjust these for P2P) > UDP Timeout (in seconds) > 600
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: