Wireless Bridged Internet Fails though Network Still Bridged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
cRACKmONKEY421
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 17:17    Post subject: Wireless Bridged Internet Fails though Network Still Bridged Reply with quote
First off, my main router is a WGR614v8 from Comcast. I set up a wireless bridge with it using a WZR-HP-G300NH2 with Buffalo branded dd-wrt build 17798. Everything works perfectly, for about 1 minute, then I loose internet.
The strangest part is that I can still connect to the WGR614v8 through the wireless bridge after internet goes down. So, the wireless bridge seems to keep working, it just doesn't maintain internet connection. If I then try to ping google.com, it gets google's IP address, but the destination is unreachable. If I then release and renew my network IP address (or reboot the computer, or unplug and re-plug the network cable), the internet will start working again for another minute. Hopefully someone on here knows of this issue and can give me a quick fix? This same Buffalo router with the same software was working flawlessly for several weeks when I had it bridging with my WRT54G, but I'm stuck with this Comcast router as my main router for now.
Sponsor
cRACKmONKEY421
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an update as I might have just fixed it. It's been going strong for 10 minutes anyway. I abandoned the Buffalo branded DD-WRT, and went to Brainslayer's build 17461 on the WZR-HP-G300NH2. I didn't even reset the settings back to default, but it seems to be fine.

**EDIT: Internet still fails. Same problem, but it does seem to work for longer than before. Still have to release and renew my IP to make it work, but it seems to work for 5-15 minutes at a time now.

**ANOTHER EDIT: Switched the WZR-HP-G300NH2 out for my trusty old WRT54G. It works perfectly on the WRT54G, just not as good of signal strength. So, I'd still like to use the WZR-HP-G300NH2 if I can get it working. Any suggestions?
emedlin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have this problem with my tew-652brp running 17201. Although mine will last hours or even days. But eventually the internet will stop, but I can still reach my main router or other computers on my network. I always just restart the router. I have never tried to renew my ip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: