Simple VLAN arrangement on the inside of my

sketchy00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 17:20    Post subject: Simple VLAN arrangement on the inside of my Reply with quote
Device: LinkSys WRT160NL
Firmware: DD-WRT ver 24 sp2. build 14896
Objective: 1.) Create VLAN 2 on LAN port 2 that would run 10.10.1.x /24. 2.) Have it communicate with primary LAN 192.168.1.x /24.

I'm trying to set up a couple of different VLANs on the LAN side of my router, (would like two seperate networks that can route to eachother) but am running into issues. All of the tutorials, reference posts, etc. all refer to a "VLANs" sub menu/tab under the setup. On the WRT160NL it simply doesn't exist. It seems odd to me that it doesn't exist on this relatively new unit, but would on some of the older units. Is there a way to achieve this without this tab?
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
This page explains things:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VLAN_Support

I haven't really investigated it much but I think you might actually be able to configure port based VLAN's on Atheros/Ralink hardware using the swconfig utility, I've noticed it in a few svn commits...

sketchy00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
So in other words, it's not supported. Am I reading that right?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
More so that it's undocumented. If it's really important or you're just curious enough then see where the swconfig lead takes you.
sketchy00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't say that it's super important. Trying to make it interact with a Cisco sg300 that runs the various networks on my vsphere lab. Just wanted an acces port on the sg300 to connect upstream to the wrt160nl, so that it could route to the internal net block served up by the wrt . The was under the idea that I could establish a port based vlan (untagged) and static routes on both sides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: