Orange / Amber Security LED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
burgul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 22:17    Post subject: Orange / Amber Security LED Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a Linksys WRT150N Ver. 1.1 running the latest dd-wrt. I own it for a few years now.
Lately I noticed that the Security LED lights in orange.
Turning it off and on again only makes the orange light go away for a short period of time - Right after it finishes all startup routine, the orange security LED is back on.
It does seem to work ok, accept issues when I try changing something in its setup. Then the wireless may suddenly stop working or the internet connection may not work. Save it again and it's working again.

I could find nothing that I can understand about this light. What does this light mean? Confused

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsor
burgul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 22:29    Post subject: Orange Security LED Reply with quote
Is that LED lit by the dd-wrt firmware? Or is it something still controlled by the original Linksys software/firmware/hardware/whateverware?
burgul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06    Post subject: Anyone? Reply with quote
Nobody has a clue? Not even where to look for that information, who to ask, where to ask? Sad

My dd-wrt built is:
v24 preSP2 [Beta] Build 14896 (recommended)
Standard Generic - 2010-08-09
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
the light doesn't mean much. in my case, all it means is that I have an internet connection.

and yes, dd-wrt controls it.
DigitalDeviant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe the orange LED there indicates the router has a WAN IP address.
burgul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!
Strange that I haven't noticed that before. Although it isn't positioned in a visible place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: