Creating an iPhone app for dd-wrt interface

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
ddaddy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got some good news:

I've spent the last few weeks working on an iPad version of my dd-wrt app Smile
Here's a couple of screenshot:

This gives so much more screen space and everything looks so much better with full rotation (even on the graphs).

I hope 'DD-WRT HD' will be released within the next 2 weeks.

Darren

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT HD is now in the iPad App Store and it'll be half price until April 8th Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
With a 70% piracy rate, in the last update I decided to add some crack detection which would limit the use of the app for those that are using a cracked version.

Unfortunately, it seems there are a couple of false positives Sad

Maybe this was a big mistake to try and combat this, but when your trying to make a living out of something you enjoy doing, it is very hard seeing it being stolen by others.

Anyway, if any user that has purchased this app from the App Store is seeing the message that they are using a cracked version and must earn their use by watching adverts etc.. simply delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store. This will fix your problem and return the app to full use.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Darren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 18:45    Post subject: feature request Reply with quote
Hi there, I purchased your app yesterday. Works very nicely.

Is there a way to change my OpenVPN Client settings without going through the web gui? Right now If I want to switch servers all I do is go into openVPN Client service and update the server address depending on the region I'm interested in and press apply/save (I use a 3rd party VPN service). It would be cool if I could add my favorite 2 or 3 servers into your app, then with a simple radio button or drop down interface, have your software automatically make the switch for me.

PS. I'm curious how you gathered the 70% piracy rate statistic? I'm curious for my own apps.

Best,
Steve
ddaddy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, Thank you, i'm glad you like it.

I would love to add VPN switching, however it is quite difficult at the moment. The app currently works by submitting and applying some of the web gui pages for you, however the VPN page has a lot more fields than most, and they all have to be submitted at the same time or it removes some settings. I'd have to get the users settings for PPTP Server, PPTP Client, OpenVPN Server/Daemon & OpenVPN Client at the same time. If I could figure out the actual process the gui uses once they are submitted, I could possibly commit them individually. Not being a VPN user myself adds another hurdle, i'd need detailed instructions from somebody that uses it. If you'd like to email me some screenshots of sample VPN settings, that would certainly help.

It's been on my list to do for a while.

RE. Piracy. If your an App Developer yourself, check out count.ly it's fantastic analytics for your apps. You can see live details like how many new users you get and even what features of your app people use or don't use.
Some days (normally after an update) I see 200+ new users, mostly in China, yet when my sales reports come the next day I actually sold 5 copies.

I'm on the verge of creating an Android version, however I believe Android piracy is even worse then the iPhone, so now i'm having second thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm quite excited about a new little feature I have added to this app, so thought i'd share it with you (Should be available in a week or 2).

Someone suggested it in a review (I can't respond to reviews, so please contact me directly).

I've added a URL Scheme to the app.
What this means is you can launch the app from a url starting with dd-wrt:// (dd-wrt-hd for iPad) but further to this I have added 2 url's that the app will act upon:
Code:
dd-wrt://wol?router=<RouterName>&device=<DeviceNameToWakeUp>
dd-wrt://reboot?router=<RouterName>

So anyone that uses an app such as Launch Center Pro can quickly issue a Wake On LAN or Reboot command.

However that's not necessary Wink

The app can add these shortcuts to your home screen for you with different icons (this was no easy feat to achieve), so you really are just 1 touch away from Wake On LAN or Reboot without even having to connect to your router through the app first.

I'm hoping this will open the door to add more 1 touch home screen shortcuts, suggestions on a postcard.

Darren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
New update hitting the app store now.
Enjoy 1 touch home screen Wake On LAN and Reboot Smile

Any ideas for other 1-touch shortcuts?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 14:24    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
Haven't tried it yet, But will soon. Thanks for all your efforts, hard work and dedication in building the app! Let us know when it goes on sale! Smile Wink Cool
MikeMcr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your hard work on this, it's a great app and I've just bought both versions.

I have a bug report and a suggestion.

On the main System Info page, the Space Usage at the bottom is blank. It shows:

NVRAM:

I have a Linksys E3000 if that matters.

A great feature for a sidebar link would be an Access Restrictions entry, allowing a quick way to turn them on/off. It would take you to a page listing each defined policy name, with an Enable/Disable option for each.
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent job man. I have been wanting something like this for a long time!

Installed on iPhone 5, iOS v6.1.2 (evasi0n untethered).

So far I cannot find any pirated or cracked versions on Cydia.. Wink

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
ddaddy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind words guys.
MikeMcr, Could you possibly send me a copy of your RouterIP/Info.live.htm page and I'll take a look at the blank nvram section.
With regards to your Access Restrictions feature, do you know if this is currently available in the web interface?

Masterman, thanks for checking. I've had emails from people that have pirated the app and are not happy with me restricting it's use when it's pirated. Hilarious!

I'd like to put a suggestion forward for a new feature I've had in mind for a while, before I spend too much time on it. Please note though, this will be a paid subscription feature due to the work involved, servers, maintenance etc..

The idea is for users to be able to send notifications to their phone from your router using different scripts that can be installed on your router.
There will be some pre-defined scripts but you will be free to create and share your own using some standard bits of code that send the notifications.

Some of the script idea's I have are:
Send notification when a certain MAC address (device) connects or disconnects from your router
Send notification when certain bandwidth limits have been reached
Send notification when VPS disconnects
Send notification when Internet connectivity is lost
Send notification if router has been rebooted

I'd like to know if anybody will actually be interested in this feature, also any other script idea's for when you'd like to be told your router has done something?

Thanks

Darren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been working on an iOS 7 update. What do you guys think?

It will continue to look the same on iOS 6, but have this new look on iOS 7 (Which is officially released today)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, i'm thinking of releasing a free version of these apps.

The way it would work is rather than having adverts to fund the development, it would have very simple ways to earn the use of the app.

Mostly simply installing and running for a few seconds a third party app or game. This means you get the app in exchange for a minute of your time, and I still get paid by the game/app advertisers.

Anyone wanting this or will I just get shot down and waste my time?

Cheers

Daz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaddy wrote:
Guys, i'm thinking of releasing a free version of these apps.

The way it would work is rather than having adverts to fund the development, it would have very simple ways to earn the use of the app.

Mostly simply installing and running for a few seconds a third party app or game. This means you get the app in exchange for a minute of your time, and I still get paid by the game/app advertisers.

Anyone wanting this or will I just get shot down and waste my time?

Cheers

Daz

I'm probably one of the early adopters of your app Very Happy Been using it since, from iphone 4 to 5. Your free version would be welcomed very much!

p.s. you probably also would want to release an android version supported by ads also.
ddaddy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I just know how much people can moan even when something is free lol.

I did make a start on an Android version, although all my attention went to one of my other apps (Snaphack) but as that's no longer around I hope to focus some more on this again. I had a load of fab ideas, I just hope to get the time to implement them.

Navigation

Jump to: