wnr3500 multiple SSID, external DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kucciolo24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49    Post subject: wnr3500 multiple SSID, external DHCP Reply with quote
Hi all,
i have a Netgear WNR3500v2/U/L, fw version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929.

At the moment, i have an external DHCP and a router, through which routing the traffic to the internet, and a switch with two vlan configured.
I would like to setup the AP in this way:
- two SSID
- wan port connected with one cable to vlan X of HP switch, receiving ip address from external DHCP
- one of the 4 eth port connected with another cable to vlan Y of the switch, receiving ip address from external DHCP.

Basically, each wireless client connected to SSID1 or 2, should "use" the router to reach the internet.

I have deactivated the WAN port of the AP, unbridge the vlan without assigning ip address, and create a bridge to associate SSID 1 to VLAN2. Everything is working.

Since 1 week i have problem doing the same operation for the eth port; i have assigned eth3 to another vlan (4), create a bridge with SSID2 and VLAN4, but is not working (i can't get ip address from external DHCP).

I've also tried to find info on the forum about this, and from what i saw, i think i made the right steps.
Any ideas?

Thank you all!!

Andrea
Sponsor
kucciolo24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody has ideas?
Thank you!

Andrea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: