Assign different IP ranges for eth and wifi

Tremor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 0:27    Post subject: Assign different IP ranges for eth and wifi Reply with quote
I've a netgear WNDR4000 with latest DD-WRT firmware. My scenario is: only 1 host will connect with ethernet, all other hosts will connect via wifi. I want to assign static IP to eth host. I won't know what will be host's MAC address. I'm using dnsmasq with this config:
Code:

dhcp-range:wifi,192.168.0.30,192.168.0.199,8h
dhcp-range=eth,192.168.0.10,192.168.0.10,8h

But it doesn't work. For wifi it assign correct range ip, for eth it always gives me 192.168.0.27.
I tried br0 or using interface=* before each dhcp-range command. I restarted dnsmasq service as well, but it didn't work!

I don't want to change anything on host pc, I was wondering if I could assign a static IP with dnsmasq.
Sponsor
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. You could create a new bridge in Setup>>Networking.
2. Then allocate the ethernet to this bridge. Give the bridge a new subnet IP like 192.168.2.1
3. At the bottom of the same page, under DHCPD - give a start IP address (eg 192.168.2.50) and under max, type 1. This means the DHCPD will allocate only one IP address.

4. Add the following lines to the Firewall
Code:
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p udp --dport 67 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

For better understanding of the firewall lines, please refer to the "Separate_LAN_and_WLAN" wiki.
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

Try it out and report...
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
That wiki is rather old a lot can be done via the GUI nowadays and DDWRT is in most cases smart enough so that you do not need all those firewall rules (less is more Smile )

The only rule you still need, I think, is:
Code:

But that is only necessary if you are using the router as a Wireless Access Point

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
That wiki is rather old a lot can be done via the GUI nowadays and DDWRT is in most cases smart enough so that you do not need all those firewall rules (less is more Smile )

The only rule you still need, I think, is:
Code:

But that is only necessary if you are using the router as a Wireless Access Point

That is there ... 4th line.
I did not separate the br0 and br1 here because that has no purpose. He probably will need to access the router from this LAN port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: