Linksys Cisco E1200 Version 2 DD-WRT Supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
snow2462
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i went back to the mini version and and play with some setting a d that seem fixes it. i think making preamble short and turn on cts mode make wireless mode very slow but it is just my hunch.
Sponsor
bashed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im using kong 22000+ vpn and everything is working good, ssid is broadcasting, except the wireless rate is stuck at 65mbps with and without any clients connected. Anybody get anywhere with this?
DDtVLi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05    Post subject: Re: Linksys Cisco E1200 Version 2 DD-WRT Supported Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
Edit: This device is now ported and CFE/NVRAM dump is no longer needed

DD-WRT supported at 18946

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads

-Fractal

Is there any build after 18946 for the E1200v2 that has openVPN and also does NOT have the heartbleed vulnerability?
RaymondS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 20:37    Post subject: Re: Linksys Cisco E1200 Version 2 DD-WRT Supported Reply with quote
[quote="DDtVLi"][quote="Fractal"]Edit: This device is now ported and CFE/NVRAM dump is no longer needed

DD-WRT supported at 18946

[url]http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads[/url]

-Fractal[/quote]

Is there any build after 18946 for the E1200v2 that has openVPN and also does NOT have the heartbleed vulnerability?[/quote]

=============================
HI,

Also looking for a answer to this question. Need OpenVPN but not sure which file to download and use next.
numanair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
bonjurkes wrote:
I'm having problems with port forwarding. Whenever I try to add a new port, or range, I just type port info, local ip etc. and check the box enable and click add.

It just adds blank line and creates a second blank line to add extra.

I am on e1200 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) mega
(SVN revision 21676) . Is that a known bug?

I didn't see that anybody answered you, so...
When you go to add a forwarding rule, you first click the add button. This gives you a new line to fill out. After that, click SAVE/APPLY.

I'm in the same boat as the last two people posting here looking for openvpn support and a patched heartbleed. I think I'll try the Kong version mentioned earlier.
badm0j0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 16:20    Post subject: Wireless N Mode Only not Working Reply with quote
Hey Guys,

Anyone else faced this issue where once N-Only Mode is selected it no longer works? I can still see the SSID but unable to connect, once hooking up by cable and changing it back to Mixed Mode it works. Also N & G Mixed Mode works but its slow. When I connect from a N laptop it connects at 54Mbps.

Anyone know a way around this? I remember for a fact that the stock firmware connected me at 144Mbps.

The only reason I'm even using DD-WRT is to force my Google Chromecast to route to my paid GeoDNS instead of Google's own DNS servers.

Any suggestions?
numanair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 16:57    Post subject: Re: Wireless N Mode Only not Working Reply with quote
badm0j0 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Anyone else faced this issue where once N-Only Mode is selected it no longer works? I can still see the SSID but unable to connect, once hooking up by cable and changing it back to Mixed Mode it works. Also N & G Mixed Mode works but its slow. When I connect from a N laptop it connects at 54Mbps.

Anyone know a way around this? I remember for a fact that the stock firmware connected me at 144Mbps.

The only reason I'm even using DD-WRT is to force my Google Chromecast to route to my paid GeoDNS instead of Google's own DNS servers.

Any suggestions?

Are you using auto channel and channel width? I've had mixed results using auto.
badm0j0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 18:20    Post subject: Re: Wireless N Mode Only not Working Reply with quote
numanair wrote:
badm0j0 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Any suggestions?

Are you using auto channel and channel width? I've had mixed results using auto.

Yes, I've set everything to auto, do you have a suggested combination which could work?

Thanks for the quick reply
numanair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 18:50    Post subject: Re: Wireless N Mode Only not Working Reply with quote
badm0j0 wrote:

Yes, I've set everything to auto, do you have a suggested combination which could work?

I'm using channel 6 and 20Mhz. You can use the tools at the bottom of the status->wireless tab to find the least congested channel. Try experimenting a bit.
badm0j0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 22:12    Post subject: Re: Wireless N Mode Only not Working Reply with quote
numanair wrote:
badm0j0 wrote:

I'm using channel 6 and 20Mhz. You can use the tools at the bottom of the status->wireless tab to find the least congested channel. Try experimenting a bit.

After much-ado I decided to re-flash, and this time with 21676-mini build since I was still on the 21676-large which is apparently has the "heartbleed " vulnerability. This has seemed to fixed my issue.

I'm now on [Channel 5] [20MHz Width] [Wireless-N Only] with no issues, my laptop connects at 144Mbps and overall my connection is more stable.

Now even when I'm (torrentially) maxing out my 10Mbps DSL both ways (TX/RX) I can still stream a 7GB BR-Rip to my chromecast with no lagging or bufferring.

Not bad at all for a single band Wireless N router.
RedRover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 0:00    Post subject: Re: Stdkong r22000++ build revision Reply with quote
RedRover wrote:
Happened to look today, and there is a new revision to Standard Kong. Updated my router minutes ago with the 22000++ dnla nv64 build. So far so good. Here's the index

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K26/?C=M;O=D

Here's the DLNA build I used:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K26/r22000++/usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv64k-broadcom.bin

New:

-openssl update 1.0.1h
-openvpn update

I also found some benefit enabling Bluetooth coexistence mode. Not sure why, but my RX/TX speeds are up.

Well, I thought I would update the crowd. I decided to flash back to stock firmware, the latest downloadable version. I did a Speedtest before and after on three of my devices to see if DD-WRT was faster or slower. I didn't check file transfer between clients. Nevertheless, I was dumbfounded to find the stock firmware slightly faster by 2-5Mbps! And for anyone with Microsoft Surface 2 frustrations, flashing stock firmware resolved the <5mbps download cap. DD-WRT was definitely responsible for the unfortunate slowdown. Speedtest.net on Stock just gave me a 41.61 Mbps whereas under DD-WRT was around ~3.5 Mbps before. It is sad to see my features and control gone, but ultimately I'm paying for a connection speed, not counting GBs or micromanaged settings. I'll miss you DD-WRT. FYI: I disabled WMM support which I had read helps stability and speeds on Stock.

badm0j0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57    Post subject: Re: Stdkong r22000++ build revision Reply with quote
RedRover wrote:
RedRover wrote:
Happened to look today, and there is a new revision to Standard Kong. Updated my router minutes ago with the 22000++ dnla nv64 build. So far so good. Here's the index

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K26/?C=M;O=D

Here's the DLNA build I used:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K26/r22000++/usb-ftp-samba3-dlna-nv64k-broadcom.bin

New:

-openssl update 1.0.1h
-openvpn update

I also found some benefit enabling Bluetooth coexistence mode. Not sure why, but my RX/TX speeds are up.

Well, I thought I would update the crowd. I decided to flash back to stock firmware, the latest downloadable version. I did a Speedtest before and after on three of my devices to see if DD-WRT was faster or slower. I didn't check file transfer between clients. Nevertheless, I was dumbfounded to find the stock firmware slightly faster by 2-5Mbps! And for anyone with Microsoft Surface 2 frustrations, flashing stock firmware resolved the <5mbps download cap. DD-WRT was definitely responsible for the unfortunate slowdown. Speedtest.net on Stock just gave me a 41.61 Mbps whereas under DD-WRT was around ~3.5 Mbps before. It is sad to see my features and control gone, but ultimately I'm paying for a connection speed, not counting GBs or micromanaged settings. I'll miss you DD-WRT. FYI: I disabled WMM support which I had read helps stability and speeds on Stock.

why am i not suprised.
halastrion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18    Post subject: Mini Build - No Wired Lan Ports - WLan Good Reply with quote
Quote:

I believe I have the same problem as you. I can successfully connect to the internet using wireless devices through the e1200v2 however none of my hardwired ports work. I believe by default they are put on a separate VLAN. No matter how hard I try I cannot seem to bridge the wireless VLAN and the four ports. Any luck with this?

I uploaded the 21676 mini build and my wired lan ports don't work but the wireless is fine. (It worked before I did the final 30/30/30 reset in the Wiki instructions after that it stopped working.) I saw a few posts that had similar issues and copied them above.

Is there a resolution to this. I looked at the Vlan tab and tried a few things but wasn't able to get the wired ports working.

Thanks,

John.
yOyie_333
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 14:45    Post subject: transmit failed. general failure. Reply with quote
hi mates..after i install dd-wrt successfully on my linksys e1200..then power cycle it..

then set my router onto REPEATER MODE..when i click the apply..the GUI suddenly went blank..and when i put the ip address back..it just go blank..and when i ping the router..it says transmit failed. general failure.

has anyone encounter like this before ?..how to fix this ? does it mean i brick my router ?
Sad Sad Sad Sad
chir0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28    Post subject: QOS? Reply with quote
I am using the latest build, dd-wrt v24-sp2 (svn 21676) mini, and im finding it hard to set or configure QoS on my device right.. I set

http @ port 80 to bulk
http-flash @ port 1935 to bulk
onlinegame @ port XXX to exempt/premium

but when someone buffers videos on youtube, my ping dramatically increases, thus having laggy gameplay.

Did i miss anything? Or is QoS currently broken on my device?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: