Rosewill RNX-N300RT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
bamonkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there all! Was able to successfully Flash the
firmware so great job !
quick question is anyone able to successfully transmit at 300mbps? IM at about 144 right now so I'm curious about others.
Sponsor
Acreo Aeneas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have the Rosewill RNX-N300RT. Been watching and reading this thread, but I'm not sure if I should be flashing my router with DD-WRT. Is it safe now? Or am I going to brick it and need a serial cable and stuff like Ontarian_Frog?

If it is working, which file should I be using? Should I be using the WR841ND files or the one posted in the first page of this thread?
Acreo Aeneas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one replied. So I went ahead and flashed my Rosewill RNX-N300RT with the file posted earlier in the thread. DD-WRT now says I have a TP-Link (obviously mines is a rebrand).

Can someone link me to newer file that works with the Rosewill RNX-N300RT router?
Acreo Aeneas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uh, I just noticed that I don't have any working activity lights on my router after flashing. Fix?
kg333
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks very much for the file, LOM, it worked great, no serial cable needed! My status lights aren't working, as with Acreo's, but that's not much of a worry for me.
ontarian_frog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only had problems with this router when I flashed openwrt on it. dd-wrt is safe and will flash back and forth between it and the stock firmware.
thracx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 16:38    Post subject: Successful DD-WRT Flash Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/...

Just reporting success - thanks LOM for the link and for the DD-WRT folks for the direct support.

I flashed an out-of-box Rosewill RNX-N300RT with factory-to-ddwrt.bin. I assume the other file (rosewill-RNX-N300RT-webflash.bin) was only for those upgrading from a prior DD-WRT build, so I did not use it. I plan to use this router as a WiFi AP only (my gateway DD-WRT router will continue to handle DHCP/DNS/etc), and will report back here if I run into any problems or glitches with this router in this role.

I would like to use another edition of DD-WRT (VPN, std-nokaid, etc), but I assume this is not possible with this router at this time? Could I use the standard builds (V24-K26) once a 19327+ build gets posted?

Note: DD-WRT reports it's 'Router Model' as 'TP-Link TL-WR841IND v7', which is expected.

Update: 2012.07.20-r19519 worked great for many months, except for some reason my old Droid 1 phone (Android v2.2.1) could not connect to the WiFi (Mixed, TKIP+AES). All other devices connected without issue. I just flashed 2013.01.24-r20548, and now this old Android phone can connect to the WiFi (same config). However, now Firefox v18.0.1 is not able to connect over HTTPS - but Chrome can, so I'm happy.

Last edited by thracx on Sat Feb 09, 2013 18:09; edited 2 times in total
Aralis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I just purchased one of these routers and I would also like to flash it but I need to run Rflow so I'm wanting to know if it uses the standard image base or the mini?
Thanks.
calbear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:40    Post subject: Help Reply with quote
Hello All,
I bought the Rosewill RNX-N300RT, and followed all the instructions throughout the dd-wrt forums (installation instruction thread, peacock thread, tftp thread etc.) and after 3 days of frustration, figured the best way to get an answer is to join the forums and ask. I get an error everytime I try to upload the correct factory-to-ddwrt.bin file.

The message I get is:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

I have tried the Rosewill web interface 192.168.1.1 Firmware Update option and installed two different tftp apps.
I have also disabled wireless mode and used the ethernet cord and used a static IPv4. I've tried doing this on three different computers (two Win7 64bit, and one WinXP).

I uploaded the current Rosewill firmware to confirm that the web gui works (it does). Looking at another thread about TP-Link routers, it said something about having a check to make sure the firmware update file name is specific to it, so I have tried changing the names of the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" to both a TP-Link and Rosewill name. That didn't work either.
I'm really frustrated at this point, and would really appreciate if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, and how to get this to work.

Thanks!
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote
calbear wrote:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

New hardware maybe..
What is the FCC ID on the routers label?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi LOM,
Thanks for your response.

The FCC ID is W6RRNX-N3000RT.

I bought it from Newegg less than a week ago, and received it about 4 days ago.

If it is new hardware, what can be done?

Thanks!
calbear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
How would I be able to look up if it is new hardware?
roadrunner75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought the router also. Has this problem been fixed?
torrent2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
calbear wrote:
Hi LOM,

Thanks!

I bought the same router from NewEgg, received it few days ago, same FCCID and did not have any problem flashing it to DD-WRT using factory-to-ddwrt.bin from this link ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-06-12-r20086-testing/rosewill-rnx-n300rt/
torrent2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
torrent2004 wrote:
calbear wrote:
Hi LOM,

Thanks!

I bought the same router from NewEgg, received it few days ago, same FCCID and did not have any problem flashing it to DD-WRT using factory-to-ddwrt.bin from this link ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-06-12-r20086-testing/rosewill-rnx-n300rt/

I have one problem not sure if it has been addressed or mentioned.

DD-WRT keeps saying that the key is invalid when I set Wireless Security to WEP - 128 bits (26 hex digits). Yes, the key is not 26 digits, but I never have this problem with the old Linksys WRT54T running DD-WRT (2010 dated version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: