Rosewill RNX-N300RT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
calbear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
torrent2004 wrote:
calbear wrote:
Hi LOM,
Thanks for your response.

The FCC ID is W6RRNX-N3000RT.

I bought it from Newegg less than a week ago, and received it about 4 days ago.

If it is new hardware, what can be done?

Thanks!

I bought the same router from NewEgg, received it few days ago, same FCCID and did not have any problem flashing it to DD-WRT using factory-to-ddwrt.bin from this link ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/10-06-12-r20086-testing/rosewill-rnx-n300rt/

Thanks!! I tried that and it actually worked.
Sponsor
kman66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 22:40    Post subject: Is this possible? Reply with quote
Please excuse my lack of knowledge here, but I am trying to find out if my goal is possible with this dd-wrt update. I am trying to get my Rosewill RNX-N300RT router to use my Clear Voyager wireless hub as an internet source to provide it to my wired devices. Normally this would be easy if the Voyager had an ethernet port becausee I would just plug that into thee routers WAN port. But it doesn't, it iss wireless only. I think what I'm looking for is called a bridge? Anyhow, I flashed my router with one of the factory-to-ddwrt.bin files that someone here said they had success with. The update took, but I'm not sure what settings I was supposed to alter at that point. I tried changing the dd-wrt "Wireless Mode" to "Client", but that seemed to lock up the router and I had to hard reset it to make it visible to the network again. Same thing happened when I tried to change the mode to "Client Bridge (Routed)". I've tried these options several times. So if it is even possible what I'm trying to do, could someone please steer me to a guide of some sort? I am totally lost but it seems I would have to enter the IP address of the Clear Voyager somewhere in order for the router to use the Voyager as the WAN (wirelessly that is). Thank you!
BigBadBrad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
kman66, you're on the right track.

First, I would do a settings reset with the reset switch in the back just to make sure there's nothing stale in there causing problems (I had to do this on the 150rt for what it's worth). You'll know if it reset because you'll be prompted for a new password next time you hit the web config.

After that, you're right with the second idea you had, you probably want to use client bridge mode.

In the status page for wireless, there's a site survey button that you can use to bring up a list of nearby wireless and a "join" button on there - it could be worth a shot trying that and then make sure you have the wireless mode and encryption options entered in on the wireless security page.

After you make changes, make sure you can go back to the page and see the new settings (after waiting for reboot if necessary). If settings don't seem to save and you're using firefox, try closing all your firefox windows and start with a fresh session, sometimes this helps.

After you get the router connecting out to the remote wireless and you can access websites, etc, then you can set up a virtual access point with a different name if you want to go that route (and if it's supported by this router? It seems like newer atheros chipsets have this) Actually I'm curious if that option is present on here, anyone feel like going on the wireless settings page to check?
Takenover83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone attempted the USB mod on this board? Seem's to be a tad different from the WR841N.
maxxheadroom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this thread is old. But just wanted to say thanks. I battled with my factory Rosewill rnx n300rt to use it as an access point only (no routing). I flashed it with the factory-to-ddwrt.bin, configured it, plugged it in, and it worked in a fraction of the time. That's excellent. These router/ap are cheap. This is an inexpensive solution for dead spots. cool.. happy camper. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: