New EKO Builds 4/7/12 18946 - Supports the new Cisco's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Macgyver
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 23:23    Post subject: Re: openvpn not working since 16214 tested very build since Reply with quote
daveM wrote:
Macgyver wrote:
OpenVPN is not working since build 16214 using this simple config...working ok up to that build what is different now? It connects to the remote network but can only access the remote router, not browse the internet (redirect default gateway option seems broken).
Also wireless on 5GHz band and 2.4 seem to not be as stable as 16214

Try setting compression to 'adaptive'.

I tried yes/no/disabled/adaptive all yield FAILURE...this config works up to 16214 what gives?

Hardware that works for me:
RT-N66U MerlinWRT 3.0.0.4.374.33_beta3b
E3000 WDS Kong v21661
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought I would chime in..

the problem of the router regenerating new ssh keys everytime it boots is back.. I thought that was fixed a few builds back.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is still an issue with DD-WRT mounting multiple partitions to "/opt". It still mounts the first two "usable" partitions to the same place.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
This seems to be something that's changed/broken in this build relative to previous ones that I've tried (as recent as the last BS build). When enabling USB printer support on an Asus Wl-520gu (mini-usb-ftp), and running ps, I see this in memory:
{p910nd} p9100d -f /dev/lp0 0 -t 5

And printing doesn't work. I think it's because the "usb" is missing. I'm quite sure that this is how it looked in earlier builds:
{p910nd} p9100d -f /dev/usb/lp0 0 -t 5

Sure enough, doing a killall p910nd and manually running a command that includes usb, works.
van
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:00    Post subject: openvpn GUI config : error in html on "openvpn_mask_br& Reply with quote
It seems there is an error in the html : I had to change (using firebug for instance) the name of the text input "openvpn_mask_br" to "openvpn_mask", in order to put in my 255.255.255.0 mask (otherwise it always would stand on 0.0.0.0)

(Linksys WRT610N v2, with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/12) big - build 18946M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko)
mike240se
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using the latest trailed build for the e2500 (the svn on 4/7/12)

It connects and then fails saying GRE Checksum error on the server side. I have 10 e2000's working with the same setup so I know the config is correct. I assume mppe is broken on this build?
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build does not seem to completely erase nvram when selecting factory defaults from the gui, or selecting to restore to factory defaults after the flash from the drop down on the upgrade gui.

It may be specific to an RT-N16.

I have been messing with pixelserv the last few days.. I had everything so messed up, I thought I would start over with the router config. I disabled the services (pixelserv & xinetd), and removed the usb stick.

restore factory defaults from the gui:

the router did not boot, a power cycle was needed.

The lan ip of the router was set back to defaults (192.168.1.1 vs my lan subnet of 192.168.254.1).. it asked for a new password and I started configuring the router.

I got to the services page, local dns was enabled (disabled by default), and the entry that specs the pixelserv black list was still there. At the time, I was surprised.. thinking I might have made a mistake, I just carried on. I finally went to restore my traff data and on the wan status page, traff data was still there.. None of this should have been there.

I reflashed the same build (18946_std_usb_nas) selecting to restore factory defaults after the flash. Same thing.. the router would not boot.. I had to power cycle it.

Again, the router asked for a new password, lan ip was reset, this time traff was gone, but the local dns as well as the blacks entry was still present.

It got late so I set it aside for now.

I have read in this thread as well as others some routers need special procedures to clear nvram after a flash (n66), and a few have bricked other routers.

I suspect there is something wrong with the nvram erase routine. The router may be crashing before nvram is completely cleared. This may explain why the router will not boot until after a power cycle and "some" of nvram variables are left over which should have been cleared.

Others may want to confirm this behavior on different routers.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
This build does not seem to completely erase nvram when selecting factory defaults from the gui, or selecting to restore to factory defaults after the flash from the drop down on the upgrade gui.

I have been messing with pixelserv the last few days.. I had everything so messed up, I thought I would start over with the router config. I disabled the services (pixelserv & xinetd), and removed the usb stick.

The lan ip of the router was set back to defaults (192.168.1.1 vs my lan subnet of 192.168.254.1).. it asked for a new password and I started configuring the router.

I got to the services page, local dns was enabled (disabled by default), and the entry that specs the pixelserv black list was still there. At the time, I was surprised.. thinking I might have made a mistake, I just carried on. I finally went to restore my traff data and on the wan status page, traff data was still there.. None of this should have been there.

I reflashed the same build (18946_std_usb_nas) selecting to restore factory defaults after the flash. Same thing.. the router would not boot.. I had to power cycle it.

Again, the router asked for a new password, lan ip was reset, this time traff was gone, but the local dns as well as the blacks entry was still present.

I have read in this thread as well as others some routers need special procedures to clear nvram after a flash (n66), and a few have bricked other routers.

I suspect there is something wrong with the nvram erase routine. The router may be crashing before nvram is completely cleared. This may explain why the router will not boot until after a power cycle and "some" of nvram variables are left over which should have been cleared.

I believe your right barry, I have experienced this a lot,... However on 19200 build this seems to have been fixed. There were a few checkins that i.e. cfi and chip identification that were committed after 18946.

I believe 19200 has opevpn fixed as well, I did post post on the e2500 thread a bin at 19200 for a few hours to get comments but not a lot of people posted.. I am in lasvegas for net world interop so no bin building for me until I get home...

Vegas what a city Smile

-Fractal
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
barryware wrote:

I believe your right barry, I have experienced this a lot,... However on 19200 build this seems to have been fixed. There were a few checkins that i.e. cfi and chip identification that were committed after 18946.

I believe 19200 has opevpn fixed as well, I did post post on the e2500 thread a bin at 19200 for a few hours to get comments but not a lot of people posted.. I am in lasvegas for net world interop so no bin building for me until I get home...

Vegas what a city Smile

-Fractal

Have fun in Vegas.. What code has changed to correct the problem? I don't see it in trac. Kong 19210 has the same problem.
You seem to be following trac.. the problem of generating new ssh keys everytime the router boots is also back. I thought that was fixed a few builds ago. Mounting two external storage partitions to the same spot (/opt), has also re-appeared.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

Definitely agree with you there. Using a E4200v1 here and after my 120+ days uptime I went back to stock linksys to test a theory I had. I then figured might as well flash the newest DD-WRT also and do some tests. I setup a config then figured i'd wipe then do my full setup from scratch again. I noticed when enabling some radio boxes the options were already filled in, whatever I wrote during my test. I had to do a full 30/30/30 to get rid of them.

Setup now and working for 12hrs so it's all good I guess but just weird when i saw that.
brackb01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to revert back to 16403 big, the last stable version for me. I upgraded to "big" ok, but firstly, automount is important for me so not having that was a problem.

But additionally, once I had upgraded I couldn't connect to my NTFS device, I have 2 partitions: an ext3 and and NTFS. the ext3 automounts (on 16403) but I have to use the following command to mount the NTFS under a directory in the Ext3 partition

/usr/sbin/ntfs-3g /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt/NTFS

that stopped working, it no longer found the working area to put NTFS but when i DID get it to work:

/usr/sbin/ntfs-3g /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt

the ext3 stopped being accessible. I need an automount that will work for both partitions ideally, the whole things bonkers...
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
E3PO wrote:
Doesn't work on my WRT310N V2. Loads but doesn't function. DNS resolution problems. No port forward. No WAN. Lots of other stuff not working too. Tried mini and std nokaid small with same results in both builds.

Did not do hard reset but previous wrt versions flash fine and successfully flashed back to 15508 without issue.

Your post is worthless. NEVER report a problem unless the router was reset to defaults after flashing and configured by hand, or by script (Frater)

you flashed from build 15xxx to 19xxx without clearing nvram. It is a wonder your router didn't brick.

4000+ changes between builds. Lots of stuff added (source net, nvram display, diff radio drivers, switch drivers, etc). Nvram variables will not rebuild defaults until nvram is cleared!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Your post is worthless.

SO useless, in fact, it self destructed and disappeared!

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 13:17    Post subject: Re: no nat/internet on other subnets Reply with quote
rizla7 wrote:
dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3

internet available on the local subnet/switch, but i have a cisco L3 switch which acts as a router with my other subnets. those subnets cannot connect to the internet. no icmp, no udp, not tcp.

dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini

this build doesn't have the same problem. reflashed this old svn, without resetting any options and got internet back. i double and triple checked all my routes, etc. but it just seems to be this build that's causing it.

the traffic is routed to the dd-wrt router, which i can verify+ in syslog, leaving on vlan2 (WAN), but after that, it never comes back. either it's not being translated (NAT) because it's on a different subnet than those configured on the dd-wrt router? or it's a stranger L2 problem? (MAC addresses)

edit: so the changes to iptables were minor. some occurrences of ACCEPT/DROP were replaced with logaccept/logdrop. this isn't leading anywhere, so it would probably be best to analyze the traffic as it leaves the dd-wrt router, unless you guys know what's up.

edit2: latest build i can run is dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini. everything after that results in other subnets not being able to connect to the internet.

what does "without resetting any options" mean?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 14:00    Post subject: Re: no nat/internet on other subnets Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
rizla7 wrote:
dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3

internet available on the local subnet/switch, but i have a cisco L3 switch which acts as a router with my other subnets. those subnets cannot connect to the internet. no icmp, no udp, not tcp.

dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini

this build doesn't have the same problem. reflashed this old svn, without resetting any options and got internet back. i double and triple checked all my routes, etc. but it just seems to be this build that's causing it.

the traffic is routed to the dd-wrt router, which i can verify+ in syslog, leaving on vlan2 (WAN), but after that, it never comes back. either it's not being translated (NAT) because it's on a different subnet than those configured on the dd-wrt router? or it's a stranger L2 problem? (MAC addresses)

edit: so the changes to iptables were minor. some occurrences of ACCEPT/DROP were replaced with logaccept/logdrop. this isn't leading anywhere, so it would probably be best to analyze the traffic as it leaves the dd-wrt router, unless you guys know what's up.

edit2: latest build i can run is dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini. everything after that results in other subnets not being able to connect to the internet.

what does "without resetting any options" mean?

Probably means that the post doesn't seem to have anything to do with this build thread... seemed more to have to do with 14896, 17201 and 17990.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: