WORKING - DIR-615 D4 wireless repeater bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
b5srt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Rayman, great post. I have a DIR-615C1 that I have been trying to set up as a repeater for 2 days now but it does not give me the repeater option. Will the D version firmware work or do you know where I can get the latest firmware. Thanks
Sponsor
rayman575
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi mate, here is a link to the latest version of the dd-wrt firmware (r19519) for your C1:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F07-20-12-r19519%2Fdlink-dir615c1/

If you do not have dd-wrt on the router already you need the factory version, simply download the file to your computer and then select it as the file for your firmware upgrade (under "Maintainence>Firmware upgrade" on the virgin d-link firmware). If you already have an earlier version of dd-wrt on the router you need the firmware.bin version.

This latest version of dd-wrt has repeater bridge as an option. I hope this helps.

For others needing this latest firmware here is a link to the full list of brands and models dd-wrt is available for. If you can't find your router on this list you can also click on the pathway at the very top of the page to see if earlier versions of the firmware are available for your model.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F07-20-12-r19519/

I forgot to say on the previous post, when you have successfully connected the DIR-615 as a repeater router, the internet light on the repeater router doesn't illuminate at all (at least it doesn't on mine, but everything still works fine).

Something else to add, my mum has a work laptop with encryption software on it and when this connected to our new repeater bridge network it messed something up, and all other connected devices were dropped from the network EXCEPT the encrypted laptop. All settings were as they should be on both routers but somehow they were no longer communicating properly (even after the encrypted laptop was removed from the network). When I unplugged the repeater router (with dd-wrt r19519 firmware) the primary router (with d-link virgin firmware) returned to working normally and devices could connected again and access the internet, suggesting this was an issue with dd-wrt and it's compatibility with the encrypted laptop. I wonder if it had something to do with dd-wrt being open source firmware. I had to take both the primary and repeater routers back to their factory settings and set them both up again from scratch to get the repeater bridge working again.

If anyone knows of any way of resolving this issue advice would be gratefully received.
b5srt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
rayman575 wrote:
hi mate, here is a link to the latest version of the dd-wrt firmware (r19519) for your C1:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F07-20-12-r19519%2Fdlink-dir615c1/

If you do not have dd-wrt on the router already you need the factory version, simply download the file to your computer and then select it as the file for your firmware upgrade (under "Maintainence>Firmware upgrade" on the virgin d-link firmware). If you already have an earlier version of dd-wrt on the router you need the firmware.bin version.

This latest version of dd-wrt has repeater bridge as an option. I hope this helps.

For others needing this latest firmware here is a link to the full list of brands and models dd-wrt is available for. If you can't find your router on this list you can also click on the pathway at the very top of the page to see if earlier versions of the firmware are available for your model.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2012%2F07-20-12-r19519/

I forgot to say on the previous post, when you have successfully connected the DIR-615 as a repeater router, the internet light on the repeater router doesn't illuminate at all (at least it doesn't on mine, but everything still works fine).

Something else to add, my mum has a work laptop with encryption software on it and when this connected to our new repeater bridge network it messed something up, and all other connected devices were dropped from the network EXCEPT the encrypted laptop. All settings were as they should be on both routers but somehow they were no longer communicating properly (even after the encrypted laptop was removed from the network). When I unplugged the repeater router (with dd-wrt r19519 firmware) the primary router (with d-link virgin firmware) returned to working normally and devices could connected again and access the internet, suggesting this was an issue with dd-wrt and it's compatibility with the encrypted laptop. I wonder if it had something to do with dd-wrt being open source firmware. I had to take both the primary and repeater routers back to their factory settings and set them both up again from scratch to get the repeater bridge working again.

If anyone knows of any way of resolving this issue advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded and upgraded the firmware but I still dont have a repeater option ???? all I have are

AP
CLIENT
CLIENT BRIDGE (ROUTED)
ADHOC
WDS STATION
WDS AP
_Doman_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone. The topic is pretty old, but I hope I can still help some people.

I have a D-Link DIR-615 D4 and I've spent the whole evening trying to setup WIFI Repeater Bridge mode. I've been following a few tutorials step by step with no success. There was no internet access on the repeater router.

What I've found out both of my routers were operating at different channels. The problem is that when you make a setup on Repeater Bridge mode there is no channel option to choose! I thought that as the option is gone the routers can establish the same channel between each other. But I was wrong.

To setup the channel on Repeater Bridge mode do the following:
1. Under Wireless\Basic Setting choose AP as a Wireless mode and click Save.
2. Wireless Channel option appears!
3. Change the channel for a static one, the same as on master router (Auto option did not work for me as the cooperating routers were picking different channels all the time).
4. Change the WIFI mode back to Repeater Bridge and click Save.
5. Check the channel on both routers under Status\Sys-Info.

"My steps" can be done either during the main tutorial (bhartman's, WIKI's, etc.)or after, at any time you find that the Repeater Bridge mode do not work for you.
jfish99
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
see attached file for settings up a repeater bridge
Amamos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
b5srt wrote:
Thanks for the help. I have downloaded and upgraded the firmware but I still dont have a repeater option ???? all I have are

AP
CLIENT
CLIENT BRIDGE (ROUTED)
ADHOC
WDS STATION
WDS AP

I have this exactly same problem.

Have tried a lot of versions, from 2012 til the most recente non-stable one, and it always show only these options. There never is the repeater bridge or even the repeater options.

Can someone help me?

I have a Dlink 615 c1.

Thanks!
CylonWarrior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just thought I would say thanks to the op as this has saved my bacon a fair few times now. Some things I found out is you absolutely must save the wifi settings before ip settings as it will not work the other way around. Also if you ever need two 615 repeaters, you just make an exact clone of the first.
plazma
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those of you who are wondering why there is no "client bridge mode" and dont want repeater bridge.

I figured a way you can make this work buy some jiggery pokery in "repeater bridge" mode and effectively end up with a "client bridge" mode only (ie no repeater function).

Tested with my dir-615d (615d2 and 615d4)

See : here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=945426#945426
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: