Linksys Cisco EA2700 Serial Dump/CFE ect ect.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
tinbilly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
fnfspam wrote:
tinbilly wrote:
fnfspam wrote:
Unfortunately the 23503 build didn't solve my networking/vlan issues either. Does anyone have an approach to solve this?

What is your networking/vlan issue exactly? I didn't follow your posts.

The thread is indeed getting large Smile.

My issue is that when I make any changes on the VLAN config (like assigning a specific VLAN to a port, even if that port is unconnected)) the router locks up after about 20s and doesn't come back anymore. It then requires a 30-30-30 (well, a 0-0-30 works too) to recover. Another poster had similar issues but associated with a port-config setting (might have been duplex, not sure). This leads me to conclude something is not entirely right /w the networking bit but I don't know if anyone else is running into this.

You might want to set the "Speed & Duplex" on your PC/laptop LAN Card to 100 Mbps Full Duplex. It works for me.
Sponsor
sylvester711
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
_Robb_ wrote:
Considering the "creepy" case of reverting firmware:
As you can see below (from page 1 of this thread) the flash memory is divided into 7 areas.
Notice that there are 2 rootfs and linux area. So if you flash once, you flash to 1 area but not in other.

There is a nvram variable which is used by cfe to determine from which partition it should boot.

Also my opinion if the partial boots variables is incremeted beyond certain value it will try to boot from "other partition" which it thinks is the "good" firmware.

To overcome this: you have to flash the firmware 2 times, so it goes to both partition.

It's not a bug, it's a feature Wink

Code:

0x00000000-0x00080000 : "boot"
 0x00080000-0x00200000 : "nvram"
 0x00200000-0x01400000 : "linux"
 0x003db4dc-0x01400000 : "rootfs"
 0x01400000-0x02600000 : "linux2"
 0x015db4dc-0x02600000 : "rootfs2"
 0x02600000-0x03f00000 : "brcmnand"

Wow, this is such an eye opener. And yeah, I totally agree. It's not really a bug. So you're saying that I have to flash the router twice? Like I flash ddwrt from the Linksys firmware, then once more from the ddwrt firmware (by choosing firmware upgrade)?
fnfspam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
tinbilly wrote:
fnfspam wrote:
tinbilly wrote:
fnfspam wrote:
Unfortunately the 23503 build didn't solve my networking/vlan issues either. Does anyone have an approach to solve this?

What is your networking/vlan issue exactly? I didn't follow your posts.

The thread is indeed getting large Smile.

My issue is that when I make any changes on the VLAN config (like assigning a specific VLAN to a port, even if that port is unconnected)) the router locks up after about 20s and doesn't come back anymore. It then requires a 30-30-30 (well, a 0-0-30 works too) to recover. Another poster had similar issues but associated with a port-config setting (might have been duplex, not sure). This leads me to conclude something is not entirely right /w the networking bit but I don't know if anyone else is running into this.

You might want to set the "Speed & Duplex" on your PC/laptop LAN Card to 100 Mbps Full Duplex. It works for me.

So, to clarify: if I don't make vlan changes all's ok. It's when I do make those changes, even on an unconnected port, then my router freezes.

Maybe I should pose the question differently: has anyone successfully set up vlans on dd-wrt on this router? Could you share your experience/configs?
Skab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 21:39    Post subject: 23598 Reply with quote
Just want to say thanks for this been hoping we would get support for this router Wink First time installing dd-wrt actually but running the 23598 build and did the 30/30/30 all seems to be fine though I havent tried to force 5ghz yet as I read that doesnt work yet or may never but thats ok.

My question I wanted to ask should we install this firmware twice cause I read that somewhere cant remember. I downgraded to classic and like I said i did the 30/30/30 installed the firware, waited for about 5 min did a hard rest and everything seems to be sticking no sign of the original firmware. So just curious but thanks again dd-wrt and Brainslayer!
sbzhang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33    Post subject: revert to stock firmware Reply with quote
Have someone solved the reverting problem.
I've tried last night on build 23598.
First time I'd flashed on build 23503 but went into a unstopable reboot. Then I did a 30/3030 reboot.The router went to 23598!
But when I reboot it. The router went into reboot again and again.

After one more 30/30/30 I'd flashed 23598 again.The router seems to be OK.

So What's the final solution?I think it's the only problem to solve on EA2700.
CiscoExpertCCIE2014
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a bit offtopic, but I couldnt figure out a better place to ask : I have got a cisco EA2700, my plan for it was to be flashed with ddwrt or openwrt, but there seems to be a problem with the unit. When connected to the power supply and the power switch is switched on all the leds start blinking ( that is the ethernet ports lights - both green and amber ) and I have no way to connect to the unit. Can somebody suggest any way of finding what is wrong with my router ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Alex
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
CiscoExpertCCIE2014 wrote:
This is a bit offtopic, but I couldnt figure out a better place to ask : I have got a cisco EA2700, my plan for it was to be flashed with ddwrt or openwrt, but there seems to be a problem with the unit. When connected to the power supply and the power switch is switched on all the leds start blinking ( that is the ethernet ports lights - both green and amber ) and I have no way to connect to the unit. Can somebody suggest any way of finding what is wrong with my router ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Alex

It is broken, RMA it.
quaff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've attempted to install the latest beta (dd-wrt-23598-ea2700.trx). With instructions from nolimitz' post back on page 11.

nolimitz wrote:
so it worked for me now on two EA2700, this is what i did:

- hard reset 30/30/30
- flash linksys classic (even if it is already there!)
http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_EA2700_1.0.14.129982.zip
- hard reset 30/30/30
- flash BrainSlayer image above
- hard reset 30/30/30

This does not work for me. Everything flashes fine and the hardreset works fine. But I keep seeing the Linksys Classic web UI when I navigate to http://192.168.1.1

Is there some step I'm missing?

(Btw, everyone is flashing the .trx file via "Firmware Upgrade" right?)
Skab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 23:00    Post subject: trx Reply with quote
Yes thats what i used was the .trx file from here ftp://dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/02-19-2014-r23598/linksys-ea2700/

Try this I pulled it from an earlier post

"That was exactly my problem and I solved it by adding to Administration -> Commands -> Startup these lines:
nvram set partialboots=0
nvram commit"

And you'll never have a problem with go back to stock firmware.
For details, see my post here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=846541#846541
Skab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 16:59    Post subject: thought i was good Reply with quote
Hell i dont even know anymore mine finally reverted back to stock but only after I started making changes.

Im not sure as to which one it was but after setting up my wifi and security and the basics I added a dhcp reservation for my ps3 and put on the dmz for testing an error I was getting on my ps3 network settings page. Anyway I reboot the router and bam! Stock garbage was in my face again.

I also tested rebooting a ton of time before make the wifi changes and basics settings changes but after doing that it seemed like it caused it to not want boot to dd wrt. So I flashed again ofcourse doing a 30/30/30 and installing with ie waiting a few minutes before even touching it and doing another 30/30/30 and reboot a ton of times.

I then set it all back up reboot a ton of times to test thinking its all good for real this time and then I dared to make the dhcp reservation and add the ps3 to dmz again and bam!

So I said heck with it for now but I really want this to work. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe just wait for a stable version?

Thanks btw Im still grateful for who puts the time in to make this.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
robo77 wrote:
nolimitz wrote:
For testing purposes, i tried o reboot and see if it goes back to linksys.

4 reboots then back to linksys stock, flashed dd wrt from stock again then flashed dd-wrt twice. 5 reboots, back to linksys stock.

Please help, it will eventually go back to stock after 4-5 reboots, the bad thing is that once it goes back to stock, wireless is open with no encryption (even if i set it to on before dd-wrt upgrade), i dont want anyone to access my network!

That was exactly my problem and I solved it by adding to Administration -> Commands -> Startup these lines:
nvram set partialboots=0
nvram commit

And you'll never have a problem with go back to stock firmware.
For details, see my post here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=846541#846541

Hi robo77, I know it is an old thread. But, I just wated to know if your EA2700 still is stable with the two commands in the startup. Thanks
robo77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, i have tested all released dd-wrt firmwares and all need add those two command lines to startup to prevent get back to stock firmware.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much for getting back. When mine ran for 24 hrs without trouble, I thought it was stable. Lo and behold when I set up VPN client and rebooted I was greeted with Linksys firmware. I remembered reading your advice and quickly added those two lines yesterday.
It was still on DD-WRT this morning but I had connectivity issues--PC wouldn't connect at all. Strange. I didn't have the time to look into it. Those two lines shouldn't interfere with the VPN startup commands, right? I am a novice in this.
Thanks again.
robo77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not use VPN, but I don't think that this startup commands interfere with it.
DD-WRT have at this time more bugs.
Vishwa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you. I set it up yesterday night and everything worked. I had a policy based routing and checked it twice by setting a static ip and changing it to dynamic. Both times it worked in the night. This morning it was in static and didn't work. I left it at that. Will check later.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: