Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
haxnoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this router and it's free (as in not being used)
Already working on getting a serial console up and attempting a build.
Sponsor
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
You mean your porting dd-wrt yourself?
haxnoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
setiamon wrote:
You mean your porting dd-wrt yourself?

That's the plan. Very Happy
huddy17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll be following this thread as well. Thx!
haxnoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Serial port was easy to find and I now have serial access.
Waiting for a new jtag adapter to be shipped and i'll be able to start playing for real.

If anyone is interested, some folks have already started dissecting this thing:

http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNDR3400v2
haxnoob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
The flash chip talks SPI so I desoldered it from the main pcb and put it on a little break-out board so I can just plug it in directly and talk SPI at it.
I'm working with what I have on hand so it's a little ugly. But hey, whatever gets the job done Wink

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntg5jnbkp5uuppo/2012-12-17_21-45-13_726.jpg
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm I have no idea what that means,I just assume your doing the hard work so i don't have to solder anything
vistazifta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
just curious as to a progress update as i bought the router almost 2 weeks ago and want to know if i should return it
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone already ported and posted his 3rd party dd-wrt build here:
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/44198/DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNDR3400v2/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 16:24    Post subject: any one try this? Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Someone already ported and posted his 3rd party dd-wrt build here:
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/44198/DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNDR3400v2/

has anyone tried this? Any special instructions?
DLOW8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
cdaniels I bought a non working router off ebay. I could log into it via the netgear firmware, but I couldn't get it to work. I said what the heck . I might as well try this as the netgear firmware doesn't work. I just flashed the chk file and dd-wrt is indead on the router. I noticed with the v1. you had to flash the chk file, and then a bin file. Not sure if this is necessary for the v2, as I flashed it and the repeater bridge is working fine right now. I hope this helps. Basic instructions worked to flash. Note the build says "MEGA" when it comes up with dd-wrt.
DLOW8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to clarify. I flashed it with the chk file that LOM posted the link to. And the repeater bridge function is working. I have yet to update to a .bin file. I did, however, upload settings that I had from a previous dd-wrt router. nvram file to the router to test the repeater bridge function. I hope this helps
cdaniels
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 20:33    Post subject: working so far Reply with quote
I went ahead and flashed the file, did a 30-30-30 reset, unpluged everything but one computer flashed via netgear flash utility. Rebooted DD-wrt!! did 30-30-30 reset. Now testing and setting everything back up...
cdaniels
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:33    Post subject: Most things work Reply with quote
I'm still running the .chk build and most things seem to be working. I haven't had the guts to try another build yet as I'm a noob, this seems like uncharted territory, and I have kids jumping on me so trouble shooting and recovery from a brick might take a while... I'm sure there is a better build out there for our router. Any one test any? So far setting a static lease for a MAC is the only thing that is not working for sure but I've also had to do a hard reset to reconnect after setting everything up once so i'm not sure how stable everything is. Anyone try anything else?
DLOW8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
cddaniels, I haven't had time to try anything else either. I hope I'll have some free time tomorrow. Gonna do some more reading before I attempt a bin as well. I just think it's awsome that I couldn't get the stock firmware to work, but dd-wrt does. I got a steal on this router online as i bought it "powers on, not working"...... I'll let you know what I find out with the bin files.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: