Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caution!

Do not flash any official dd-wrt build on the router until it is officially supported here.

The build I linked to is a 3rd party build so stick with that build or updated builds from the same builder for now.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can use Stock's web UI to upgrade this DD-WRT firmware and also it is possible to upload Stock firmware from this DD-WRT firmware's web UI.
Revert back to Stock <-> DD-WRT is very easy.
Gen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got a WNDR3400v2 and am thinking of flashing it with the .chk downloaded from LOM's post.
Just for clarification: would it matter to update the firmware as stated by "Tathagata Das" in http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/discussion/44242/Anyone-Try-this-yet/#16299 before continuing?
wangdehong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you.
jallenusn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was actually really concerned having absolutely zero practical knowledge of how to do this and I'm not advocating for anyone else. But I just put the build that is linked to in this thread on my netgear wndr3400v2 and it was incredibly simple. My steps were unzip the file, 30-30-30 reset,install the .chk and done. Everything is working great.

Edit: Maybe I should specify that I installed via the netgear's "upgrade firmware" interface.
Gen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed jallenusn above and was able to successfully flash my WNDR3400v2 to dd-wrt and so far all is working as it should. lol the one small thing I noticed was that the light on the circular "netgear" button (on the router itself) is always on, whereas before I could press it on or off (the "WPS" enabling button).
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am guessing as a noob here i should wait for the offical version to show up on the dd-wrt router database which i imagine should be very soon if there is already third party builds?

Incidentally how hard is it to recover from a bricked router incase it doesn't go as hoped?

yes first time ever flashing router.mostly for expanded range options(xtransmit?)
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't wait for the router database. It has been known to brick routers. Go by what the mods tell you or what people do here.
Mods will tell you not to trust the router database.
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok.. Then from what I Take it I should download that .chk file and login to the router interface and update it manually threw the web firmware interface?

if something should go wrong and it is 'bricked' what should i Do?Hold the reset button down for 30,unplug for 30 while stil holding down,then plug up for 30 while still holding down and then release?

I am experience a bit of trepidation of course being my first time. but if upping the power to 70 can turn 'fair' into 'good' then i'll give it a try.I'll just wait for a little more feedback before I make the jump
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would do what Lom says.
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok I am going to install the flash but before I do,if it bricks then a 30/30/30 reset will fix it right?

also the default power outage is 70,i take it that this is higher naturally then stock and so i should notice a Range/stability improvement right off the bat?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
30/30/30 doesn't really fix a brick.
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
then what does?the 30/30/30 is the only thing i really saw related to fixing a brick
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
setiamon wrote:
then what does?the 30/30/30 is the only thing i really saw related to fixing a brick

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30
setiamon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK i think the noob got it..but let me just run down the process to make sure.

30/30/30 flash from stock with LOM's link.then Do a 30/30/30 after the router reboots again.

if it bricks then i have to have a computer wired into the router,use tftp program to send the stocks firmware I should download from netgear to flash it with stock firmware then do a 30/30/30 again to unbrick it.

Let me just ask is it worth it flashing for my situation,i'm upstairs in my room so i get "FAIR" coverage,I would like to upgrade it a bar or two.It comes with power AMPED up to 70.Is this going to give a significant Range boost right off the bat?Is there any other feature that would be a good reason to flash with DD-WRT?

does this router use burst framerate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: