Netgear WNDR3300 optimal settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 0:42    Post subject: Netgear WNDR3300 optimal settings Reply with quote
I flashed original firmware to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini. Everything went great, but I am a noobie and the new router setting options are much more expanded than my original firmware. By doing the 1st flash I increased my actual download speeds to approx. 17mbps as opposed to 12mbps. I also increased the range of the router. I'm looking to further increase my download speed and the range of the router if possible. Questions:

1) Should I do an additional flash to the mini build for this router dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin? Will it increase performance?

2) What settings should I change to increase performance:

Wireless Physical Interface wl0
Wireless Network Mode: NA only
Wireless Channel: Auto
Channel Width: 40 mhz
Wide Channel: upper
Network Configuration: bridged

Wireless Physical Interface wl1
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Wireless Channel: Auto
Network Configuration: bridged

I don't really understand the advanced settings so I haven't messed with anything else. All Suggestions would be welcomed. I'm trying to push the range and speed as far as possible. Please let me know if you would like to see any additional settings. Thanks in advance for everyones time. [/u][/list]
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should read the announcements at the top of this forum, also reference the wireless N conf guide in my sig. You most likely shouldn't let the channel auto choose, you should do a site survey and choose for yourself, on the 5Ghz radio auto should be fine though, AFAIK 5Ghz networks wont have much chance of seeing each other due to its range restrictions, so no worry about which channel it should use.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
vach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestions I will try tomorrow morning to implement your suggestions. Good Night
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: