WRT310N wireless problems, uploading doesn't work, and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Nootropic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31    Post subject: WRT310N wireless problems, uploading doesn't work, and more Reply with quote
I installed DD-WRT on my WRT310N v1.0 2 weeks ago and I was very impressed. Worked very well. Today I came home from school and discovered that my neither my laptop or my blackberry could connect to the network. On my laptop at first it connected, and displayed 5 bars, and then when I tried to load a website, it failed to load and dropped the connection. Subsequent attempts to connect the network resulted in a "Windows was unable to connect to <network name>".

Now, was is most interesting is the the wired connection on my pc works fine. Absolutely nothing out of place.

I did a hard reset and configured from scratch. If I enabled wireless security of any kind, I would return to the previous problem where it would be unable to connect to the network, and when I did connect it would drop when I tried to load a webpage.

However if I did not enable security, I would be able to connect wirelessly. Yet the connection was bad. Speedtest.net yielded very choppy results, and when it came to the uploading part of the test, it would time out.

I reverted to the default firmware, and the bad wireless connection persisted.

I really don't know what to say. Before this the router had an uptime of 12 days, with no issues. And then suddenly this.

Did I fry something in my router? I don't know what else it could be.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like a build issue. Please read the four broadcom forum announcements.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Nootropic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there Murrkf.

Thank you for your reply.

I read the four announcements and installed the 2.4 mini wrt310n build (from the recommended builds announcements), versus the mini generic recommended by the catelog on the actual dd wrt website

Same results. Without security its slow and choppy, and with security it either doesn't connect or drops right afterwards.

Thanks again.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couple things to try.

Set security to WPA2 Personal and AES.
Turn off WMM support.
Set your Tx rate no higher than the default of 71.
Set your TCP Congestion settings to VEGAS, 4096,300,120

It could also be a heat problem....try taking the top off your router and blowing a fan across it for awhile...then test again...these 310n units are notorious for getting hot...really hot.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: