WAN not accessible from second WLAN

d74
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 17:29    Post subject: WAN not accessible from second WLAN Reply with quote
Hello,

I've set up a virtual access point using the guide here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs

I've double checked it and everything seems to be set up correctly. I have my main LAN on 10.1.1.1 and the second one set to 10.2.2.1. I'm able to connect to the second network fine (and can then ping/access the router config at 10.2.2.1). However, when I try to access the internet, I get no response.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

It's worth noting that I'm using a WNR2000v3 with a test build of dd-wrt from here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84263&start=15

Wanted to make sure it was not an error on my part however, instead of a bug with the test build.
Sponsor
habeIchVergessen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
does iptables lists SNAT POSTROUTING rules?

iptables -t nat -L
d74
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on this. After looking at the rules there it became apparent what was wrong. NAT was not occurring for those addresses on the second subnet. It says something to this effect way down at the bottom of the wiki page, but it's not apparent that this needs to be done to complete the setup.

For anyone who may stumble upon this thread, here what I added to get it working:

Code:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p 0 -j SNAT -s 10.2.2.0/24 --to-source `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: