E1200v2 Losing wifi connection every router reboot/start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
silkenhut
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14    Post subject: E1200v2 Losing wifi connection every router reboot/start Reply with quote
Hi, I would like to ask for help with this issue I'm having with the router.

Whenever I restart the router, the router doesn’t broadcast the wireless SSID until I do a dummy save on the router’s wi-fi settings. This means that every time I restart the router, I would need to connect via lan, open the admin interface, and do a dummy save so that it would start broadcasting again.

If I check the admin interface (before I do the dummy save), it would say that the wifi is on, radio is on, broadcasting etc... but it only shows up after a dummy save.

Here's my current settings:
Router Model Linksys E1200 v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) mini - build 24461
Firmwares installed:
1. dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin
2. dd-wrt.v24-24461_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv64k.bin

I saw an old thread (2013) http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=177126&highlight=e1200 where this has been reported. The second reply suggest to downgrade to 21676. This is the recommended build as per the wiki. However, when I first installed this version; I had problems with speed and connecting so I thought upgrading to the latest firmware would solve it. It did solve my issues and now my current issue is the wifi.

So my questions would be:
1. Is there a difference between dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2.bin vs dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv64k.bin . they are both under the same folder and have the same filesize.
2. Is downgrading my only option or there's something else I could do?

Thank you very much.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: