USB wifi limited access only after reinstall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
mrwoggle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 0:11    Post subject: USB wifi limited access only after reinstall Reply with quote
Hello people..I have a bewildering problem with my (slightly bodged) cantenna...

Its simply a TP Link 300mbs wifi adapter inside a metal dish full of foil on a pole..It works fine.Or rather it DID..

Yesterday I had to do a reinstall of windows 7 as it was starting to get a bit moody and it was long overdue..Ever since then,I can't connect with my adapter.I have reinstalled the drivers,everything seemed present and correct, but all it gets to is Limited Access...It connects but with no internet access..Ever

I really cannot work out what either I have missed or what is wrong..

And another weird thing has happened.I have never been able to get a signal from my ofice on my laptop's built in antenna.But now it's started (albeit v slowly)..Could it be that I am actually using my cantenna but it's saying that I am using the built in wifi??

Please help.I am bewildered by this and frustrated by the ridiculous lack of speed...

Cheers

Andy W
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: