HELP!!! Bricked Netgear R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
dacuban1972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 13:30    Post subject: HELP!!! Bricked Netgear R7000 Reply with quote
Hello,
I was running Kongs DD-Wrt Firmware and set the the Overclock to 1600 and out the router went. Both Power and Lan lights show Amber. I Have the TTL-USB serial cable and have tried to follow the guide from MyRouter/Forums to reload the firmware using TFTP and Putty on windows 8, But have had NO luck.
I have heard about reprogramming the CFE or changing the config of the Router. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Eddie
Dacuban1972@gmail.com
Sponsor
jheide44
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 16:41    Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Bricked Netgear R7000 Reply with quote
dacuban1972 wrote:
Hello,
I was running Kongs DD-Wrt Firmware and set the the Overclock to 1600 and out the router went. Both Power and Lan lights show Amber. I Have the TTL-USB serial cable and have tried to follow the guide from MyRouter/Forums to reload the firmware using TFTP and Putty on windows 8, But have had NO luck.
I have heard about reprogramming the CFE or changing the config of the Router. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Eddie
Dacuban1972@gmail.com

This probably belongs in the broadcom section...

See Notes 6 and 11 in the peacock thread (link in red section of my siggy).

really read that now Wink (probably read all the notes listed in bold at the top, then find the R7000 wiki pages, and R7000 sticky thread at the top of the broadcom section)

Also Kong's Serial recovery TUT might be a good read.
http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/52395/How-to-Debrick-or-Recover-NETGEAR-R7000-R6300v2-or-R6250-Wi-Fi-Routers/
(for pictures and such, if this wasn't the aforementioned guide you tried to follow)

if none of that works... Ultimately you may have fried the sucker beyond recovery monkeying around with OC settings. How long were you up and what were the temps before everything went down?

if so please don't list it as "bricked" on ebay, list it as "fried beyond recovery" & say what you did to it (so I know not to bid on that acution, lol).

Good luck!

_.-:Curently Deployed Devices:-._
Loc_1.0: R6400 -- v3.0-r51887 std (02/28/23)
Loc_2.0: R6300v2 -- Kong PTB 35550M 03-28-2018

Others: too many others to list

R7000 (& similar HW) Tips/Tricks HERE.

Assumptions:
1. Everyone on the forum has read the relevant forum section announcements.
2. For Broadcom section we have ALL at least tried to understand the "Peacock" thread,
HERE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: