TP-Link WR842ND v1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04    Post subject: TP-Link WR842ND v1 support Reply with quote
testfile below
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finaly Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT: I flash the new firmware. I only test the PPPOE connection and it's working properly. The WiFi coverage is better then the openWrt. For now only the MAC Adress Clone is not working so I call my ISP to renew my MAC.

EDIT2: Now the router has changed the MAC address alone without my command. Again call to my ISP to change the MAC. Also The USB is not working - did't find my drive and the light of the USB on the router is not lighted. That's for now.

EDIT3: When I change some settings which need to reboot some active services the router stop giving me a valid IP. Then is needed restart from the power supply. The other thing - with 1 user connected wirelessly and 3 active jobs in utorrent at 20 Mbits/s the CPU is 90% active.
JarodRussell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks great! Smile

I'm going to try the connection in Client-Mode as an eduroam-Client with 802.1x-authentication tomorrow@work and if there are any issues I'm posting them in this thread to give a feedback.

Thanks a lot!
JarodRussell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I can definitely say that the 802.1X Auth on eduroam networks is working "as hell" Smile Perfectly!

I have the 842ND now running in client mode and managing the connection to the wireless network and the whole authentication inside the router. Compared to my dd-wrt patched fonera I used before, this is a massive progress in speed and signal strength. I used a self built antenna with the Fonera to get about 5MBit/s download speed because the next AP to the eduroam network is quite far away. Now, with the TP-Link I have at first try 24MBit/s...at the same setup parameters as with the Fonera.
ka4o_pi4a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone else try it ?

EDIT: 4 and a half days uptime for now with the firmware. I find another issue. Under status/Router Information/Network I have around 4000 active IP connections, but under Status/Active Clients I have one active client with around 100 connections. And the router CPU is contiguously overloaded up to: Load Average
100% 10.17, 4.90, 3.31 . There is no active torrent client. From where are coming this connections ?
GeBo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Last week i've ordered and received a wr842nd under the assumption that it would provide me repeating functionality (WDS Bridge).
But apparently I was wrong...

Before I try to flash my router with the dd-wrt firmware, some things are not quite clear to me:
1) does dd-wrt provide repeating functionality on this router, or does only the broadcom chipset?
2) I've read that I first should use a 'killer firmware'. Does that also apply for this router and firmware? If so, where can I download it? (I can't find it...)

Thanks in advance!
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
read:
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
GeBo wrote:
Last week i've ordered and received a wr842nd under the assumption that it would provide me repeating functionality (WDS Bridge).

It surely can, but with other very similar WDS-Enabled routers.. like you know, WDS is not a standard protocol Wink
GeBo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
nebbia88 wrote:
GeBo wrote:

It surely can, but with other very similar WDS-Enabled routers.. like you know, WDS is not a standard protocol Wink

Hmm, one router (with build-in wifi) I've received from my provider and the other one is the above mentioned TP-link. So that probably isn't really compatible with eachother... :p

But thanks for your reply!
ka4o_pi4a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone else have the same issue with the Active IP Connection ? Right now I reach the maximum 4096 and the CPU load is going to the sky...

How can I revert to the stock firmware from dd-wrt ?
atomico
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
with this version is possible set a bittorrent?
ka4o_pi4a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think it's possible. I try to run NAS and USB support, but it wont't start.

Something on reverting it back to stock firmware ? I can go on OpenWRT from DD-WRT and then to stock ? Help please.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
ka4o_pi4a wrote:
I don't think it's possible. I try to run NAS and USB support, but it wont't start.

Something on reverting it back to stock firmware ? I can go on OpenWRT from DD-WRT and then to stock ? Help please.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=336 Wink
ka4o_pi4a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm going to wait for stable version.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
when is the stable version expected?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: