TP-Link WR842ND v1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocketsk8s wrote:

1. You're suggesting to use the we revert file provided at the top of the DDWRT forum
2. The web revert link you provided at ftp://tplink-forum.pl/orgin_bez_boot/ does not resolve. Do you have a link in English

1-I don't understand, yes I suppose you had use a webrevert from top or from router database or did you use any other.
2-what do you mean by does not resolve did you tried and did not work or because is in Polish, that's not a matter all you have to do if the one on top does not work, once reverted is to open a emulator from Tp-Link web and use the same steps, any way after a successful revert you need upgrade to latest TL FW
you will have to do it in both scenarios.
Sponsor
rocketsk8s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
rocketsk8s wrote:

1. You're suggesting to use the we revert file provided at the top of the DDWRT forum
2. The web revert link you provided at ftp://tplink-forum.pl/orgin_bez_boot/ does not resolve. Do you have a link in English

1-I don't understand, yes I suppose you had use a webrevert from top or from router database or did you use any other.
2-what do you mean by does not resolve did you tried and did not work or because is in Polish, that's not a matter all you have to do if the one on top does not work, once reverted is to open a emulator from Tp-Link web and use the same steps, any way after a successful revert you need upgrade to latest TL FW
you will have to do it in both scenarios.

1. I don't understand what you would like me to do for #1
2a. The link does not resolve. It's an ftp link without un and pw.
2b. What are the steps for #2? If not the revert link does not work, what do I do next? How do I know if the FW is "reverted". Sorry, this is quite difficult to follow as presented here.

Thank you
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocketsk8s wrote:
1. I don't understand what you would like me to do for #1

You started with I've followed every tutorial on reverting to the original firmware but DDWRT persists. I cannot remove it.
For what I read, means you have webrevert file in your Lap, if you don't have it download WR842ND v1 from here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 set static ip as you did when you flashed disable wireless, default your router, Administration tab FW upgrade select the file and upload it, after revert static ip in your lap could have changed
rocketsk8s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. Could you clarify a couple of points:

a How/where do I set the static IP?
    b What does default your router mean? How do I do that?
    c After revert, if the static IP on laptop changed, how do I resolve? That is, how am I going to get into my GUI?

Cheers
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocketsk8s wrote:
a How/where do I set the static IP?
b What does default your router mean? How do I do that?
c After revert, if the static IP on laptop changed, how do I resolve? That is, how am I going to get into my GUI?

A-http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=14
B-http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=202
C-http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=87
travis82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocketsk8s this is a 2 minute job.

Download the webrevert from the FTP site that was posted. You might have to look through some directories its work I know you have to read file names.....

once you get it go in to the ddwrt interface and upgrade the firmware with the webrevert you downloaded.
after your router reboots unplug and replug your nic cable or enable or disable the nic card so windows which i assume you use will pickup the new ip address.

thats it done no more work.

PS: Since you are one of those less technical people and need everything spoon-fed to you from what i have read, i suggest you get a router off of newegg or amazon that does what you want with stock firmware to make your life a little less complicated. Just a suggestion.

PSS: Here is a webrevert since ftp is too difficult for you.
rocketsk8s
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 18:08    Post subject: Issue Solved Reply with quote
Thanks, Travis. That did it.

Sorry if I seem lazy, but I hope you can appreciate that I've really struggled a couple of days trying to install a VPN applet on DDWRT. My eyes couldn't even see straight after the hours of online "support" I received from the VPN service. I had been through hours of try this and that. The other directions on this forum just weren't clearly understandable. Your directions were.

Thanks, again.
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
travis82 wrote:
Since you are one of those less technical people and need everything spoon-fed to you

Travis your answer is so good I have kept it in my mail in a folder I have for interesting staff named DD-WRT
it is strange from rocket cause he posted
I installed the DDWRT files per the DDWRT database
meaning he did it, so if he found out files to flash it's amazing he didn't see the webrevert file.
Any way, good he is back to stock.
travis82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
No worries im snarky at times (asshole) but i did see you spent some time with no success so i feel for you Smile

I'm glad it worked out for you.
travis82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer when will you update the kernel for this router maybe that will fix the wireless hickups this sucker is having right now?

Openwrt is running the same kernel as the wr10 v2 3.10. The openwrt build i don't have wifi drop's on your latest dd-wrt builds drops like mad the last few builds too actually.

So a suggestion would be to update the kernel and I can flash it back to dd-wrt and if that fixes the wifi drops, everyone should be happy.
jeffjoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
good afternoon
I am new to the forum and really need help from you guys

not familiar with the site and I met through a friend of indication

TPLINK own a TP-WR842ND who was having trouble catching LED WIFI. sometimes crashed the led and WIFI CONFIG. ai and knocked some people network

how could not solve, a friend pointed me to install a FW of you. I then with FW de ddwrt manufactures and worked normally and distributing the IP interface to access it normally. when I made the alteration of IP of LAN port to be able to work on my network ...... I reset and not returned. did not know it had to have another updated version after version of FW of manufactures.

it is locked and not distributed over the IP .... WIFI and LOCK LEDs or else this locked already tried to do a reset I read here holding the reset button for 30 seconds and then remove the power cord and turn on again holding over 30 seconds, but not resolved.

would like to help please because I need to make this very router resurrect.
I'm waiting the answers and procedures to be made
Thank you very much.
TANOTECH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
Hi, I'm confused. I have a WR841ND v8.1. I download and install [b]"factory-to-ddwrt.bin"[/b] and now, searching at files, I found "-WR841ND tl-06-23-2014 webflash-r24461"   (  http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2013%2F07-24-2013-r22118%2Ftplink_tl-wr841ndv8%2F )

Will I be able to upgrade to DD-WRT r24461?

Code:
Hola, estoy confundido. Tengo un wr841nd v8.1.  Baje e instale  "factory-to-ddwrt.bin"[/b] y ahora, buscando en archivos, encontré [b]"tl-wr841nd-webflash 06-23-2014-r24461"  (  http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2013%2F07-24-2013-r22118%2Ftplink_tl-wr841ndv8%2F   )

¿Podré actualizar DD-WRT con r24461?
TANOTECH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
TANOTECH wrote:
Code:
Hi, I'm confused. I have a WR841ND v8.1. I download and install [b]"factory-to-ddwrt.bin"[/b] and now, searching at files, I found "-WR841ND tl-06-23-2014 webflash-r24461"   (  http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2013%2F07-24-2013-r22118%2Ftplink_tl-wr841ndv8%2F )

Will I be able to upgrade to DD-WRT r24461?

Code:
Hola, estoy confundido. Tengo un wr841nd v8.1.  Baje e instale  "factory-to-ddwrt.bin"[/b] y ahora, buscando en archivos, encontré [b]"tl-wr841nd-webflash 06-23-2014-r24461"  (  http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2013%2F07-24-2013-r22118%2Ftplink_tl-wr841ndv8%2F   )

¿Podré actualizar DD-WRT con r24461?

WR841ND tl-06-23-2014 webflash-r24461 WORKS ON WR841ND v8.1 Razz Razz
engwas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All
Can any one add the DLNA support to this router
sm00thpapa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to latest build and no wireless repeater mode in drop down menu. Has that been removed? Last version I ran was from 2013. Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: