Routing specific services or LAN port via VPN

torbu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 16:09    Post subject: Routing specific services or LAN port via VPN Reply with quote
Hi,

I am looking for a way to route specific services via VPN to a different location and from there out to the internet. In particular VoIP, IM and Skype. All other services (WWW, FTP, ...) should not be included in this route to maintain maximum performance for all services.

As a backup, it would also be acceptable to use a dedicated LAN port of the router in the location in question to route all traffic of that port to the other location (e.g. via VLAN?) or route all traffic of a specific MAC id to the other location.

Reason for this approach is that the internet provider in one location is actively slowing down and even blocking VoIP, IM and Skype services.

There are DD-WRT based routers in both of those locations, each in a different city using a different internet provider/connection.

I am by no means a networking expert, so I'd very much appreciate something like a step-by-step guide that could help accomplish this!

Thanks,
TorBu
Sponsor
routvol
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can check out my configuration here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=153033
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: