ASUS RT N16 HARD DRIVE HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
polishdude311
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 13:53    Post subject: ASUS RT N16 HARD DRIVE HELP! Reply with quote
Well, since the big build of ddwrt supported my router i hence flashed it with it, i realized that slowly after formatting my HD my router mounts it (under /mnt) as seen here
--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 931.5 GiB (1000170586112 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 931.5 GiB (1000170585088 bytes, 1953458174 sectors from 2)
Type 0x07 (HPFS/NTFS)
NTFS file system
Volume size 931.5 GiB (1000170584576 bytes, 1953458173 sectors)

When i SSH into the drive noting is under /mnt in the folder. Could it be becuase its just NTFS? i tried fat32 but i dont like the 4gb file limit, and i dont like EXT2 because windows wont recognize it if i plug it in.(want the drive to reusable incase something happens)
Please help
-Patryk
Sponsor
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
for best performance, you could use EXT3 instead of NTFS. NTFS does not perform as well-it causes the CPU to get overloaded. There is an ifs driver out there for Windows XP. I think supports already built into Windows 7 to be able to read EXT3 formatted disks. And of couse they can be read by any Linux

try looking in /tmp/mnt

i think /mnt is a symbolic link to that location. you should see some directories like disc0 and disc0_part1

to get access to the drive, you should know to either enable Samba or FTP under the NAS tab

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: