VPN issues (some websites / video streaming)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Gfrgfr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:06    Post subject: VPN issues (some websites / video streaming) Reply with quote
I have configured a PPTP VPN on build 18024. I am using my iPad as the client and am able to connect to the VPN, without issue. My IP address when connected is "correct" (ie I am definitely connected to the VPN).

I can surf to *most* sites, without issue. However, certain sites (including dd-wrt.com) cannot be accessed. In Safari, the progress bar stalls prior to navigating to the page. Similarly, I've had issues with streaming video in Safari (eg YouTube) - although this is intermittent.

In addition, I am consistently unable to access Netflix, using the iPad app (error message is displayed - which seems to indicate a connection issue, prior to getting to the login page). However, if I launch the app, login to Netflix (without the vpn on) and then turn on the VPN, I am able to stream video.

VPN Settings are:

PPTP server is enabled, Broadcast support is disabled, encryption is enabled. The server IP is set to the internal LAN address of my router.

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its something to do with MTU/MRU not being applied to pppX interfaces, speedtest.net really shows the "not loading" problem. It should be fixed in the next release from http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/19032

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Gfrgfr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK thanks...any idea on timing of the next release?

Also, would this also explain the Netflix app not connecting?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: