WRT-54G Acting Funny

hydrazi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 19:11    Post subject: WRT-54G Acting Funny Reply with quote
Dearest DD-WRT Obi Wan's,

I setup a VPN pair for a couple of offices many miles apart. They have functioned flawlessly between them for 1.5 years. Suddenly, the tunnel failed and will not come back up. One end of the tunnel I can login and all looks fine. The other end will not accept my web login.

So, I tried the Telnet login and it asked for username and password, still not accepted. Tried to hit Telnet again and got "Connection Refused". Rebooted that router, same thing "Connection Refused".

Despite not being able to login, the router works for wireless, internet access, and another access point that bridges to it has no issue connecting.

Is there any way outside of resetting it that I can get in? Password could not have changed, as far as I know.
Sponsor
hydrazi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, new thing. I can connect to the telnet port, but still acts like the password is wrong. I suppose it is possible that somehow it got changed.

So, if there's any way around resetting it... that information would be awesome. I know... I am an idiot.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
A 30-30-30 reset will reset the entire unit, after which you will have to reconfigure your setup. Details of which can be found in the broadcom section of the forum under the peacock announcement, which i suggest you to read.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: