How do I flash back to the stock firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ezflip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 15:48    Post subject: How do I flash back to the stock firmware? Reply with quote
I am giving my wrt54g to my sister and want to flash it back to the stock linksys firmware from dd-wrt. How do I go about doing that?
Sponsor
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:16; edited 1 time in total
ezflip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I have version 6, but the install instructions don't mention how to revert. I read those instructions previously, but just read them from your link just in case they were different from what I had previously.

I could leave it on there, but she is used to the linksys GUI and is by no means a networking genius, but she can do basic stuff. And I will be 600 miles away and HATE troubleshooting over the phone. So, Id rather just give her something she is familiar with.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
On that particular router, it is a complex process that is easy to screw up (if it can be done at all). Forget reverting. You will likely brick your router if you try.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
ezflip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Murrkf. Not really what I wanted to hear though. Oh well, I guess she will just have to deal with it or buy herself a new one Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: