Newbie questions about a sitecom wl-614

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
noripsni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 13:29    Post subject: Newbie questions about a sitecom wl-614 Reply with quote
Hi all,

First of all, i am sorry if i offend anybody with these questions. I am kinda new into custom firmware things, so maybe i am asking noob questions.

I have tried to search for these things, but couldn't get any real answer. maybe it was out there, but i can tell you, for a newbie there is sooooo much information out there that it became hard to see the forest through the trees...

So, i am having this sitecom wl-614 wireless router. I want to upgrade it with a new firmware, just to play around and to see what this thing is cappable of. I found the sourcecode of the firmware on the manufacturers site, so there must be something to do with it...
However, since this is possible, i should be able to use some more things, like dd-wrt for example.
I found out that my router uses the esr-9752 board.

My questions :
- I must be able to use this firmware (of the esr-9752) on this wl-614? Better, they use the same board and all....

- In the wiki there was a mention about a "kill" firmware. I know how to search and how to google (like the wiki said SmileSmile ), but sorry, NOTHING on that. I understand the idea about a kill firmware, but i cannot find anything about how to create them etc. Any info on this?

- If i am correct, the kill firmware makes it possible to load dd-wrt and i can go loose on this device...

Hope not i annoyed anyone with my noob questions Smile

regards
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: