Brand New EdgeRouter Lite Configuration

WiseSon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:02    Post subject: Brand New EdgeRouter Lite Configuration Reply with quote
Greetings,

I am the proud owner of a brand new edgerouter (lite).
Yesterday evening I paid for and activated the dd-wrt software I installed on the router. Since I did not know which version was recommended, I proceeded to download the latest available version from the ftp beta directory (12-24-2015-r28598/ubnt-edgerouter-lite/). I went with the beta, as there is no official version yet.

Now, I entered my (client) account details for my vpn provider,ipvanish, but upon rebooting the router, it does not seem to create the vpn connection. All the vpn passthrough settings are set to "enable".

The EdgeRouter is behind my isp router, I enabled the "Assign WAN Port to Switch" setting, and set "WAN connection type" to disable. Then I connected my desktop the edgerouterto test for internet connectivity. The isp router functions as the internet gateway. I can browse the internet fine.

My software is activated, and the "TRIAL" notice is gone.
Yet, thus far, I have not seen any changes in my public ip address, nor any indication on the dd-wrt gui that a vpn is active.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: