Same network on LAN and WLAN -- Linksys WRT160NL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
burtojo4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:55    Post subject: Same network on LAN and WLAN -- Linksys WRT160NL Reply with quote
I posted this origionally in the Broadcom Forum here on dd-wrt ... Forgetting that the 160NL is an Atheros-based device.

May I try again?

I have searched, perhaps not using the correct search terms ..

I am running v24 preSP2-- Build 14896 on a Linksys WRT160NL router. Specifically the file name is wrt160nl-firmware.bin

I'd like to use Chillispot to manage a local hotspot which uses Cisco 1231 Access Points in addition to the WRT160NLs wifi. I can make either the wireless interface on the WRT160NL work with IP addresses assigned by Chillispot, or the wired (LAN) interface work with IP addresses assigned by Chillispot.

But for whatever reason, I can't get both the WLAN and LAN interfaces to act like they're on the same network, and interact with Chillispot.

What might I be missing? I keep thinking I should be createing a bridge interface and point chilli at that, but ...

Thank you!
Sponsor
Detection
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 14:59    Post subject: Re: Same network on LAN and WLAN -- Linksys WRT160NL Reply with quote
burtojo4 wrote:
I posted this origionally in the Broadcom Forum here on dd-wrt ... Forgetting that the 160NL is an Atheros-based device.

May I try again?

I am running v24 preSP2-- Build 14896 on a Linksys WRT160NL router. Specifically the file name is wrt160nl-firmware.bin

I'd like to use Chillispot to manage a local hotspot which uses Cisco 1231 Access Points in addition to the WRT160NLs wifi. I can make either the wireless interface on the WRT160NL work with IP addresses assigned by Chillispot, or the wired (LAN) interface work with IP addresses assigned by Chillispot.

But for whatever reason, I can't get both the WLAN and LAN interfaces to act like they're on the same network, and interact with Chillispot.

What might I be missing? I keep thinking I should be createing a bridge interface and point chilli at that, but ...

Thank you!

You will be told to flash the latest build so I`ll jump in before someone else does

Latest build is 18777
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/linksys_wrt160nl/

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 19:22    Post subject: Re: Same network on LAN and WLAN -- Linksys WRT160NL Reply with quote
Detection wrote:
burtojo4 wrote:

May I try again?

Thank you!

You will be told to flash the latest build so I`ll jump in before someone else does

Latest build is 18777
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/linksys_wrt160nl/

Yea .. tried that.. the Brainslayer build I believe? I found that it presented routing issues on my router .. I'm sticking with 14896. I think if I fool with the bridging and routing options, I can fake it into the light...

I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing .. perhaps a setting in ChilliSpot that'll address routing ???

Thanks for the hyperlink .. I'd expected too much I suspect...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: