Wireless clients on primary router can't see 2nd router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
netster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 19:38    Post subject: Wireless clients on primary router can't see 2nd router Reply with quote
I am trying to use it as a switch and wireless AP.
It is my secondary router.

The issue is that devices connected wirelessly to my primary router, cannot see devices connected to my secondary router, BUT wired devices connected to my primary router can see devices connected to my secondary router.

Primary modem Sagemcom F@ST2504n

Second modem - wndr3700 - firmware dd-wrt

My primary router - Sagem, is the internet gateway + DHCP server.

Both routers are connected by a wired ethernet connection.

Both routers are set to the same subnet and ip range, the 2nd router is set to a static ip address of 192.168.0.199 in the range, main router is 192.168.0.1

Devices connected to the secondary router WNDR3700 receive their ip address from the primary DHCP just fine.
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the subnet OF the second router's network? The way you listed it does not mean its in the same subnet, you listed the internal IP of the second router FROM the FIRST router since its connected to it.

Say the DHCP subnet of the SECOND router is 192.168.5.1/24. On the FIRST router you would or should, assuming it even supports such feature in it's firmware is to:

Find the routing page for it, for reference look at DD-WRT's @ x.x.x.x/Routing.asp & if the first router was DD-WRT you would put 192.168.5.1 in destination LAN NET, 255.255.255.0 in subnet mask, & 192.168.0.199 in gateway. Almost every router stock firmware as a page to do such a thing in, setting a static route into another network.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: