PS3 and survallinace not port forwarding

dsvm2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 17:36    Post subject: PS3 and survallinace not port forwarding Reply with quote
OK here is what is going on. I recently installed the dd-wrt firmware on my router. ok let me start from the beginning prior to that i had the regular firmware on it. i am unable to port forward i have already done all the port forwarding on the router and when i go and check to see if its open it says it closed. now i installed the dd-wrt firmware tried it again and still gettting the same thing. what i am having the problem is with my ps3 and my survallince cameras. on my ps3 i am getting nat 2 moderate and sometimes strict. on my survalliance i am unable to view them remotely.I have a fixed wireless antenna for internet. i dont have a modem installed its just from the antenna it connects directly to my router. I hope all this makes sense lol. I am getting all confuse with all this.

I was reading on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding_Troubleshooting and i think i have the issue with this under Check the WAN IP If the WAN IP begins with 192.168.x.x, 172.[16-31].x.x, or 10.x.x.x then the router is behind another router that is also doing NAT. You must configure that router to either DMZ or port forward to the DD-WRT router.

my wan ip starts with 172. now according to my internet comp they say that i have a private ip address.

Can anyone help me with this issue and would like to get it to work.

Sorry if i posted on the wrong area. but i looked everywhere and couldn't find were to post. thank you
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: