Spoof the router's mac address for one computer

neodertal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 19:18    Post subject: Spoof the router's mac address for one computer Reply with quote
Hello all.
I would like to know if it was possible to spoof the router's mac address to something else only when a specific computer is dealing with it.

Ex:
Router1 mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF
DHCP/NAT

ComputerA will have the normal mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF when leaving router1 to internet

ComputerB will have the normal mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF when leaving router1 to internet

ComputerC will have a [b]SPECIAL[/b] mac address: 11:22:33:44:55:66 when leaving router1 to internet

I would like to know if we could do that.
If we could allow only one computer's mac address and/or IP address to use the new spoofed router's mac address.

Thanks you all! I am new here and I can't find the documentation for this.
Sponsor
shamrockxxl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 16:00    Post subject: Re: Spoof the router's mac address for one computer Reply with quote
neodertal wrote:
Hello all.
I would like to know if it was possible to spoof the router's mac address to something else only when a specific computer is dealing with it.

Ex:
Router1 mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF
DHCP/NAT

ComputerA will have the normal mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF when leaving router1 to internet

ComputerB will have the normal mac address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF when leaving router1 to internet

ComputerC will have a SPECIAL mac address: 11:22:33:44:55:66 when leaving router1 to internet

I would like to know if we could do that.
If we could allow only one computer's mac address and/or IP address to use the new spoofed router's mac address.

Thanks you all! I am new here and I can't find the documentation for this.

Yeah i would love to know about this too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: