About to POP the routers Cherry......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Beatnik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 19:17    Post subject: About to POP the routers Cherry...... Reply with quote
get your mind out of the gutter
Anyway
I just purchased my first router that is supported by dd-wrt I have heard nothing but great things about this firmware. I own a TP-link WR1043ND and I currently don't really like the firmware. Now since I'm a newb at this i decided i would first upgrade my firmware (my current factory firmware is a little old and i got some bugs and would like to upgrade it)
This is what happens though (first i am connected via wireless I believe that's the issue I HOPE)

So whith that being the issue what may my problem be and how should i go about doing this? I have downloaded the following files "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" and the "tl-wr1043nd-webflash.bin"

I thought its as simple as going to the upgrade firmware page on the router web page select the file and upgrade. am i right? also could the wireless thing be my issue as when i try to upgrade my firmware it takes a while before i get the timeout page with the retry button. (every time i tried, about 3 times) before i was scared it might fault during the flash and give me a brick.

In all if anyone has any info or tips for me please lay it on me, posts, links anything that helps (rickrolls don't help LOL) so be like the honey badger and don't give a S*** and post LOL thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: